- Chapter 3 -

I walked back to Fly's stall and put him on the aisle. I took my saddle put of the tack room, and grabbed a saddle pad and half pad. I walked to my tack trunk and put on my helmet, tall boots, and grabbed some boots for fly. After I tacked him up, Fly bit me, causing my lip to bleed. I smacked him on the shoulder. I grabbed his bridle and put it on him. I walked Fly into the back arena. As I put my left foot in the stirrup, Fly started to walk away. "Honestly?" I sighed. After I warmed up a little, I started to canter. I saw dark clouds outside, which worried me. I don't know how Fly is with rain, but my assumption is that he will spook. I was correct. There was a flash of thunder, and Fly reared. I barely managed to stay on when he kicked the wall, but I did. He put his face in between in front legs and bucked. Then, he reared for the umpteenth time, and I was slipping out of the saddle. I had one foot in my left stirrup and the other one laying on top of the saddle. I hall the pommel and Fly's mane tight, stretching my arm out and tugging on the ring of his bit hard, trying to make him stop. "Fly!" I yelled, slamming the saddle with the leg that was on top of it. He started to back up on his two back legs, slamming the ground as he did. I knew what was coming. I tried to get back on the saddle, but it was no use. Fly reared twice his height, and I lost the one stirrup that I had left. I held on to Fly's mane with both of my hands, flopping against his said, trying to get back on. I managed to get an inch of my toe in the stirrup, which was enough to hoist me back onto the saddle. Then, I remembered the I had a crop in my hand. I smacked Fly behind my leg, and he went down. I dismounted immediately, and jerked his reins hard. He pinned his ears and tried to bite me. I smacked his nose and rolled his stirrups up. I stuck his reins under his saddle and smacked it. Fly took off, basically galloping. I cracked the whip so many times I couldn't count. The made 4 holes in the wall, and even tried to run at me. I stayed and inch close and smacked him. I clapped my hands and waved and made noise and did everything that I could to spook him. The thunder helped, getting all of his energy out. Finally, he was worn out. I walked to him and kissed him on the nose. I opened the door and walked him out. Then, I walked back in, and over to the mounting block. I dropped my crop, and decided that if I had to have anything with this horse, it was trust. I set up a small vertical jump. I. Felt. Risky. I pulled off Fly's tack and got on him, bareback, with only a bridle. I picked up a canter and looked straight at the jump. I added more leg, and then, land, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Fly approached the jump, and then...! Refused. I slid down his side and onto the ground. Maybe I was being crazy. He's a young stallion who's never jumped in his life! This was stupid of me. I re-tacked him and took down the jump. I got back on and trotted around for a little while. I pet him on the shoulder and kissed his mane. Then, I got off. I walked him back to the barn and put him away.