✧Stay With Me✧ Lawrence x Reader

{•Stay With Me•}
Lawrence x Reader

Reader - Nonbinary
AU - (Lawrence Ending but a little changed)

Warning - (not sure if this would be considered a warning but- blood warning?? :'3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n!!" Lawrence called out, but I kept running. I didn't even turn to look at him, nor was my brain processing any of this from how sudden it happened. Before I knew it, I was into the street and out of the school with Lawrence following far behind. I turned a corner and went into a building without thinking much of it, I pulled the door shut and hid wherever I could and covered my mouth.

I leaned my head back on the wall as I bit the inside of my bottom lip as the tears I'd been keeping in finally shed. I could hear Lawrence stil calling out to me, I couldn't tell if he went past me or entered the building but I kept quiet. I pulled my knees towards my chest and buried my face as I tried to keep my sniffles as quiet as possible, soon I heard the familiar groans of the undead. I looked up from the ground and felt my heart beating rapidly, I didn't know if it was fear or something else.

But then I remembered. Lawrence. He called out to me multiple times, the zombies probably heard him. I didn't know if it was safe to leave my hiding spot, but then again, do I want to save him? After what he did? I leaned my forehead on my knees and covered my ears as the ringing in my ears grew louder and louder. Only to snap out of it when something or someone grabbed my wrist, I immediately shot my head up but they've already pulled me towards them. They covered my mouth as they ran towards somewhere dark and sat down.

"Shh, keep quiet." He whispered, I froze as soon as I realized it was Lawrence. I tried to get off his grip but he didn't move, "Stop squirming, I'm not gonna hurt you..!" He whisper-yelled. I stopped and tried to calm my breathing, he pulled his hand away from my mouth and wrapped his arms around my shoulder as he pulled me close to him with my back against his chest.

We sat there for possibly 20 minutes until our surroundings became quiet, though I could still smell blood nearby, not surprising considering there are people that died here. "Are you okay?" He asked as he loosen his grip a little, I didn't answer. "Y/n, please.." I closed my eyes and ignored him. It became quiet again, I slowly opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder to look at Lawrence, when I turned around I noticed he was looking to the side. What shocked me was his lips were trembling and the light from outside made his tears visible.

"Lawrence...?" He closed his eyes as he took a deep, shaky breath. I turned my body a little bit to face him and raised a hand and carefully made him look at me, once his eyes met mine my heart broke. "I'm sorry.." He mumbled, "Lawrence I-" he cut me off by putting a finger on my lips, he smiled and shook his head. "No, I understand. You wouldn't wanna be stuck with someone who killed our friends." I looked down as he held my hand. "Y/n, you have to understand. That sometimes, falling in love can make you do crazy things." He leaned down and kissed my knuckles.

"But I understand if you're scared of me for it, I don't expect you to come back with me after this. But I just had to make sure you would be alright." I then noticed his skin was turning a little pale, his eye twitched and his hands trembling a little, "Lawrence?" He ignored me and let go of my hand. "Go back to the school, take some supplies with you, and find the safe zone." This wasn't normal for him, "Or you can stay in the basement to avoid any further risk of running into the undead." He slowly pushed me off of him as he sat against the wall. "Can you stay safe for me, Y/n?" He asked, his smile was warm and kind but his eyes showed pain.