Arcade

Whizzer didn't know how Marvin had convinced him to agree to an arcade date. They're so cliche and if he was honest, there was never one moment in his life he was interested in arcades from childhood to now. Despite is mind telling him to make Marvin turn the car around and go somewhere else, he felt it was too late. He was quiet and looking out the window the entire drive, trying to focus on the music the car radio was playing instead of what a waste of time this would be. Then he was abruptly pulled out of his thoughts by an over excited Marvin. They'd arrived. "C'mon, Whiz! This is going to be so fun, I haven't been to an arcade in years!" Marvin got out and walked around to Whizzer's door. He opened it, kissed Whizzer's cheek, unbuckled his seat, and grabbed his hand. Despite what of a waste of time this would be, Whizzer couldn't help but smile at how happy Marvin was.

     Whizzer follows behind Marvin's quick walking as he watches Marvin pay for arcade coins. "Soo- Marv. What were you thinking of doing first?" Though he knew Marvin would say a game, he had his eyes on the food court as he asked.

     "I was looking at the mini bowling, or we could do air hockey together or pac man, or..." Whizzer has stopped listening as Marvin rambled, nodding every so often to pretend he was paying attention. He glanced around for anything actually interesting (other then the food court) and eventually something did catch his eye. It seemed dumb but he caught himself staring at a fluffy bunny plushie in a claw machine. He didn't want to be that 'cliche girlfriend type' who carries around an arcade plushie their boyfriend caught for them, but it didn't stop him from wanting the cute stuffed toy.

Marvin had noticed Whizzer stopped paying attention a minute or two ago, but now as he couldn't get his attention, he followed Whizzer's stare to figure out what had him distracted. And then he saw the claw machine filled with large and small, cute and ugly plushies. He finally spoke up a little louder "Whizzer."

"O- oh- uhh, yes, Marv?" He knew he had been caught not listening.

"The arcade machine, seriously? You know those are usually rigged. What even is it you want, most of those toys look deformed."

     Whizzer was slightly embarrassed that Marvin had recognized that he was staring down the plushies."Marvin keep your voice down we are in public." He sighed "I just think the bunny plushie is slightly cute."

     Marvin gave a sly smirk having found a way to make Whizzer actually have fun with him, a competition. "Well lets make a deal, lets play air hockey. If you win I'll get you that plushie, if you lose- I get to choose where we eat out tomorrow."

     Whizzer thought for a moment, he had a lot to lose. Every time Marvin chose where they ate he chose the cheap Italian restraint because he liked the places linguine. Not that it was bad linguine, it's just that having it that often makes you tired of it (unless your Marvin). On the other hand, if he won he'd get that super adorable bunny plushie. Eventually he had an answer "Deal."

     And so they played and Whizzer lost, he couldn't stand Marvins meal choice and not getting the bunny, so he revised the deal to playing multiple games and whoever won the majority would get their way. Marvin kept winning more often but he had himself playing long enough until he got the majority by one (one of his wins being who would finish their food faster at the food court) "I have the majority, time to hold up to the deal!"

Though Marvin had technically lost, thats what he was going for. He was hoping Whizzer would get into the games to play more and that's exactly what happened "Alright, you've won 'fair and square', time to get you a shitty arcade toy."

"Oh shut the fuck up, that plushie has better style then you and its not wearing shit." A mother across the room covers a child's ears. Marvin goes over to the machine holding Whizzers hand. He goes at the rigged claw machine 5 times. Three getting nothing, one getting an ugly teddy bear, and finally getting the damned bunny plushie.

Despite how much Whizzer hadn't wanted to go, he had to admit he enjoyed the arcade date. He kinda liked feeling like a young innocent teenage girl in a romance movie having the boyfriend win an arcade plushie for them. "Marvin, thanks for convincing me to come here, I may have been slightly wrong in my judgment that this would be a shitty day." He kissed Marvin's cheek as they drove home, fluffy bunny in hand (with Marvin's ugly teddy bear in the back seat).

" He kissed Marvin's cheek as they drove home, fluffy bunny in hand (with Marvin's ugly teddy bear in the back seat)

||^prompt^||