Walking Through the Jungle

We all might give anxiety and depression many descriptions. And sometimes, we could also undervalue the significance of its effect on our communication and daily relations with the people who surround us. Yet, the thing is anxiety and depression are illnesses we don't have to be ashamed of, we shouldn't feel like outcasts or like we are suffering alone. Because there are so many people suffering with us, and maybe more than we know. People are affected directly just because they interact with someone they love or work with, o simply by following someone on social media. We can constantly be exposed to intense emotions and fears. And it's because many of us have gone through a rough life we couldn't escape from, or maybe a traumatic event and we only know to "fight or flight" as a reaction. There is no doubt that it's our own responsibility to grow from that experience/s, although, it takes time and commitment. We surely can all get past the jungle and embrace our connections. It's hard to realize sometimes that nobody is exempt from being affected by anxiety and depression, even though, they don't have these illnesses. I can surely say I've struggled with these illnesses for a very long period of my life, and it's been quite an adventure.

Because I have anxiety, I have a lot of fears of what the future could hold. And sometimes this could resume in something simple like waiting for a college course to finish or taking my meds in the morning at the right time every day. While depression can be sneaky sometimes and be present at times where I should feel happy and accomplished, making me feel mostly undeserving. The thing is that these two illnesses arent took so seriously by the people we care about or interact with. Most times we cannot talk freely about our struggles, and people stay misinformed about a reality they are even part of. Anxiety and depression can affect many areas of the life of an individual. And as for us who struggle, the only thing we wish we had is understanding and respect, because with understanding and respect others can give us a place where to stand in society, and they also become participants in the process. There is a saying that says "Illness becomes wellness when we remove the "I" with a "We", and nothing is more adequate to address my point of view. Our way to recovery is a bridge that forms because of teamwork. We all need to assume our responsibility and walk through the challenges that come within the troubles of life, every obstacle should be just a step towards our dreams, and every fallout just a push for us in order to find the right resources to improve and live a life worth living. We do need help, and we needed now. Because later could always be too late. The last thing we can lose is hope.