Chapter 3

There were a lot more cast members on the set of Chupke Chupke the next day. Weather of Karachi was also changing, as it was March. Nawab villa was filled with the laughter of cast and crew. It was a rare set where all people got along.

Ayeza Khan, Mira Sethi, Ali Safina , Asma & Uzma Apa were all present on the location. Everybody knew Aymen since they were shooting for quite some time now. She thought Arslan was newbie on the set, but it seemed quite opposite by the treatment he was getting.

Mira seemed ecstatic to see Arslan as well, "Main ne dekha tha Arslan how you roasted my Sprite TVC, it was hilarious" she told Arslan taking place on sofa beside him.
"I am glad you found it funny, nhn to main gya tha" Arslan breathed easy while replying.
Ali Safina intervened from the adjacent sofa "tu soch abi Ayeza se b milna hai and what you did with MPTH...Kya naam rkha tha 'goldie' uska hyna...or Humayun Bhai "sarkaaari" kmaal ka kaam kra hy Bhai tu"

"Thanks man, Humayun Bhai se Mila tha main once after that, he was humble about it keh rye thay Acha lga dekh k...I thought bachat hogyi main to Gya tha wrna"

"Arslan waqayi kmaal krtay ho tm" Ayeza also joined the all praise gang for Arslan.

Arslan straighted, put his palm on his chest and bowed down a little, 'pleasure is all mine, ma'am'

Ayeza chuckled seeing him do this and left for make up room. Spot boy and make up artist followed her.

"Tu to star struck hi hogya tha pura" OB commented and the boy gang laughed again.

"Aymen api idher aa jayen aap b" Aadi waved to Aymen who was sitting on the dining table chairs, in her pink dress shirt and blue jeans. She had yet to get into the attire for today.

Aymen joined OB on the sofa. Arslan and Aadi were sitting on the couches opposite them observing all of this. They were caught up with something on the laptop placed in front of them.

"What's up with the frown?" OB observed her.

"Kon, main, am I frowning ?" She relaxed her brows instantly.

'ji haan tum, Kya soch rahi ho" he asked.

"Kuch b nhn, sb log Kya batain kr rye thay ? " she lifted a brow at OB.

''CBA k baray myn baat kr rye thay hm" OB said like it's the understood thing.

"CBA ?" She frowned.

"Haan, Comics by Arslan, you don't know? Boht mzaidaar content hy uska YouTube pe" OB seemed still in awe.

Aymen didn't say anything further. Just took mental notes for later. It was still a little confusing, what was so much fuss about it? How big of a deal it is to make comics, she shrugged.

She had no idea about the impact CBA had created in the country. It wasn't her fault. She was living quietly in NYC and then in Dubai aloof of social media, while Arslan was going up the ladder of fame and name. It wasn't overnight though. It was hard earned and he cherished every bit of it.

It was ironic, or would you call it a paradox, what Arslan was to her present state. Different but similar. He had lived same kind of life abroad but a decade ago. Successful but aloof in corporate world of United Kingdom. Graduated from Ireland then moved to UK. He had spent good eleven years of his life there. They were ten years apart in age. Yet he was the only one present in that room who could understand where she was coming from. They were both aliens to this world of Showbiz. Arslan had zoned out thinking about all of this when Aadi waved his hand in front of his face.

"Kya soch rye hyn? Acha please mje b btayen ye spoof kese edit krtay hyn aap ?" Aadi pleaded.
______________________________________

Ayeza and OB were doing their scenes. Danish Bhai and all the crew was busy in that.

Next was the shot of Hadi and Mishi. Aymen and Arslan were preparing their script lines for that. It was a scene where Hadi would take off Mishi's glasses and wear them.

When their shot got ready after Ayeza and OB were done. Danish Bhai hurried them for the take 1.

"Lights camera action"

Arslan moved towards Aymen, raised his hands to take off her glasses but it got stuck in her hair and pricked her a little.

"One second" Arslan immediately took a break and indicated to stop rolling.

"I am sorry, are you ok, are you comfortable ?" Arslan asked her very softly.

"I am fine, it's not a big deal, itni to lagi b nhn hai" she smiled at him to ease his worried expressions a bit.

She was really taken in that moment, by how considerate he was. "I am fine really" she reassured him, "let's continue'

Khadoos to nhn hai..reserved hai bs..she smiled in her head.
______________________________________

That day she reached home and searched CBA on YouTube. "Aaj ki video main aapko milegaaaaa....hawa hawa o hawa...Bhai waah...."

It was Arslan Naseer's face uttering all those voice. Her mind confirmed her it was same voice that boy gang was laughing on that day. It was Arslan all along.

Her mouth was open, looking at the antics of CBA version of Arslan Naseer, her co-actor. It was nothing like she thought him to be. Soon she found herself going through a lot of his videos on YouTube. Before she realized, she was submerged in the fits of laughter. One after another. She kept watching. Feet sprawled on her bed, arm tucked beneath her head on the pillow, she was far gone in this world created by Arslan. It was night and the nights of Karachi were pleasant and airy at this time of the month. March breeze was reaching her face as she had kept the windows open that night. She shivered and pulled on the comforter relaxing her back a little more. She gradually fell asleep while watching Arslan on YT, she didn't know she was smiling through it all.
______________________________________

Next day when she saw Arslan on set, there was something different about his aura..

She smiled at him...

Or may be he was same..just her perspective had changed...

He smiled back at her...

And the shooting continued...