Steroetypes and Disabilities

Now, we all know Karen. She'll call the manager if she finds bread in her sandwich. But Karen's not important, no, I'm talking about disabilities.

I know my fair share of people who are quite unique. My cousin and my friend's brother are both autistic, my closest friend has ADHD, and another friend who has a really short temper and often has outbursts.

We all may look at them and think: "Wow, those people are different than us, they can't always do things we do!"

Truth is, they can do things we can't. My autistic cousin? He's just going to middle school, and is already the best artist I know. My friends? My friend with ADHD and the one with the short temper are incredible at gaming. So where others fail, these people with "disabilities" can succeed.

We all tend to stereotype people in their own categories. Boomers, Karens, Zoomers, Weebs, Bronies, the list goes on! Yes, some of these may be true, but we're all not just bratty blondes or quiet kids.

I hate being categorized, why, you ask? They put me in a place I don't feel I belong. Let's face it, we're all hypocrites, we may fall into one "category", sure, but does that mean we're happy there?

Some people say I'm the quiet kid, but I don't want to be known as the quiet kid. I don't want to be well-known, I just want to be a person living another day in a world full of other people because, hey, guess what? We're not all stereotyped, we're our own category and no one can tell you otherwise.

So what if you're exactly like a certain stereotype? That's impossible, you're always gonna fall in between a bunch of them, your personality is unique and all over the place.

In conclusion, you're unique, we're different, we can do so many things, we can succeed where others fail. We're our own category.