Jenny

i slowly opened my eyes. i was in a bed surrounded by zenitsu, himari and kaigaku, zenitsu cried loudly, "Y/N-CHANNNNNNN! YOU'RE AWAKEEEE!" he held onto my hand. i blushed slightly until i caught sight of himari. she was smiling but i could tell it was forced. i wonder why. i looked at zenitsu then himari, suddenly remembering what happened at the final selection.

Zenitsu kissed Himari.

himari gave zenitsu a signal. the warmth that was holding my hand was gone. zenitsu beamed at me and said that he woulf give me and himari time to talk. i looked at zenitsu's warm smile.

I wanna ruin our friendship
We should be lovers instead
I don't know how to say this
'Cause you're really my dearest friend

when zenitsu walked out, himari gave me a glare. "you like zenitsu, dont you?" i looked down, knowing that zenitsu and himari liked each other. knowing that i would always be the third wheel. himari sighed. "to be honest, i like him too. but... never mind, he would tell you when he is ready. you should get some rest."

i laid on my bed, thinking of himari's words, thinking of zenitsu.

I wanna ruin our friendship
We should be lovers instead
I don't know how to say this
'Cause you're really my dearest friend

-----------------------------------------------------

the butterfly pillar, shinobu, came in and explained everything. i was in her estate as i was badly injured from my last fight and was here to recuperate. she then began to tell me about my medcines and when to talk them. but i wasnt listening, all i could think was himari's sentence.

he would tell you when he is ready.

what does he want to tell me? is it important? why does himari know?

zenitsu spends a lot of time with himari, so maybe thats why himari knows?

why cant zenitsu just tell me?

i looked down at my hand, i could still feel the warmth left behind by zenitsu.

Zenitsu take my hand
I cannot pretend
Why I never like Himari as you girlfriend
Oh, your love for her won't last long
Forget Himari

-----------------------------------------------------

zenitsu and kaigaku came in to visit me later part of the day. zenitsu was complaining about how tiring the training that shinobu put the through was while kaigaku didn't say anything other thsn greeting me at the start.

i patted zenitsu's head to comfort him and cheer him up. however, i wasn't really listening to him. i was working up the courage to ask him about what he wanted to tell me.

"himari told me you wanted to tell me something. what is it?" i blurted out, all of a sudden.

"I don't wanna ruin our friendship
..........
I don't know how to say this
'Cause you're really my dearest friend"
zenitsu said softly, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently.

a/n: ayyyyyy im back! this is one of my longer chapters and im proud :) i wonder what zenitsu wants to tell us ;)

word count: 494 words