Chapter 1

There's only one thing I've always wanted. Fighting with a sword. Using your power to cut through flesh. To bring someone down to one's knee. A real sword fight. That's why I took sword lessons, but eventually I got bored and quit. Only going back and forth, forced to use some kind of technique wasn't exciting at all.

Loosing the only intrest I had I fled into video games trying to find a different reality I can live in.
Distancing from people and only being in my room gave me some kind of comfort.

But on that day. The day Sword Art Online was released, I was in ecstasy. I did everything I could to get one of the few copies.

Now I am laying in my bed, waiting for that damn minute to go over, so I can finally join the server. Finally I start my nerve gear, logging in. "Welcome to Sword Art Online" is displayed infront of me. Colours start to fly into my vision.

I open my eyes and am shocked. This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Looking around I see a big cathedral with tall walls surrounding the erea, where the players spawn. Instantly I start to explore the city. Noticing the middle aged designe the houses are built in. It's like being on a renaissance festival. The admosphere is happy and relaxed. Hearing some players starting to build groups, I ignore them already knowing I want to play as a solo player.

After buying some basic equipment I run outside the city, seeing a field with wild boars spawning every where. I draw my sword charging at one of them. With one swift move I kill it.

My face lights up. "Yosh! Yata!!" I cheer. Smiling uncontrollably. I kill one after another, getting used to the sword in my hand and how the charge system works.

I didn't even realise the setting sun. Or the two guys watching me. After some time I snap out of my concentration, only now feeling the eyes on me. I look around spotting two guys standing upon a hill. I can't see their faces clearly but I notice one of them has black and the other one red hair. They seem to realise that I caught them starring at me because they stiffen. A little pissed that someone was watching me, because I hate it when someone watches me, I walk up to them sheathing my sword.

Since I get nearer I can see their faces clearly now. They kinda look cute but I know that these are not their real faces. They seem to get more nervous.

"Were you guys watching me like some creeps?", I ask annoyed, looking pissed. "W-well-" the black haired started but got interruped by the red head. "Woow. You are so pretty! Is this your first time playing? Are you really a girl or are you an old fat guy behind that avatar?" Sweatdropping I look at him with a deadpan look. "Yes I am really a girl and not, like how nicely you put it, an old fat guy." Embarrassed he scratches his neck. Befor the situation can get any more akward the black haired guy speaks up. "Don't mind him. I'm Kirito and this is Klein. He is not that bad if you give him a chance. He just gets nervous around girls." I inspect both of them sceptical. Kirito looks a little nervous hoping I don't find them too weird or creepy. "I'm y/n. Nice to meet you." I introduce myself looking a little friendlier. "And to answer your question, it is not my first time playing with the nerve gear, but it is my first time playing SAO since I wasn't lucky enough to be a beta tester." "Oh? Amazing! Kirito here is one of the lucky beta testers." Klein says wrapping an arm around Kirito pointing with his other hand at his face. Kirito looks slightly uncomfortable. My face lights up. "Really?! You were a beta tester?! Oh man! That's so unfair I wanted to be one too! How far did you reach?" I ask him excited. He shakes off Kleins arm. "In two months I got to the eighth floor." "Eh? Only eighth?" "W-well giving I was a solo player I reached the highest level of all the beta testers." Determined I point at him. "Then I challenge you to a duel!" I exclaim. Both look at me shocked. "Eeh!? Why do you want to fight me?" "Because I want to see your fighting skills. Giving you are good at video games since you were elected as a beta tester, you must at least have some skills." He seems to think. "Come on just a friendly fight! No hard feelings!" "Yeah come on man. I wanna see your skilled ass get kicked by a girl." Klein says taking my side. Sighing Kirito agrees "Fine, but only to where the life bar turn yellow." "Deal!"