Hangout

1st person pov lavender:

After a few hours of a house party that we had decided to host for my friends birthday, everyone had started to tire out and someone had suggested watching a movie and playing charades.
This suggestion sparked a sudden boost of energy from the group as they slowly filtered into a big room with a projector set up and beanbag type chairs for everyone to sit on.
As a co-host of this celebration, i was in charge of moving the seats around so everyone was comfortable and setting up a movie for everyone to watch, this is when my fellow co-host, aka Matt, came up to me to discuss how everything was going.
He could obviously tell i was nervous strictly from the stuttering mess that i had become as he suddenly hugged me tightly.
Hes not usually the type for hugs so it left me speechless and looking shocked which was when he pulled away quickly, rubbing the back of his neck and blushing lightly before apologizing a quick but soft "s-sorry" before rushing off back out of the room.
I stood there frozen for a minute trying to recall the last few seconds of interaction before my cheeks heated up as it hit me that he just did that.
All my friends knew i liked him but id never say anything in fear of ruining what we have, but that fear was currently overridden by the warm feeling of his arms around me even though he had already left the room.
Before i could fully get my thoughts together, he was back, but this time he was carrying 6 drinks in his hands and his hair was damp as if he had just washed it or tried to style it in a rush while getting drinks.
I ran over and took a few from him so he wouldnt accidentally drop them and began helping handing them out, once we finished he got my attention and shouted "lav, save me a chair" and left to the kitchen again to get more people drinks before the movie.
As he had asked, i sat down next to 2 of my closest friends, clara and carter with matt and leah sitting slightly in front of us.

The movie started soon after everyone had taken seats.
Part way in, leah moved slightly backwards so that she could talk to carter so i moved out of the way so that they had space.
Matt took this as the perfect opportunity to move and sit next to me, causing me to smile brightly and blush even though through the darkness it could barely be seen.

Suddenly the movie glitched.
"No no no no no" i started to silently curse while trying to work out what was wrong with my projector.
I started panicking and gradually ranting faster about having to fix everything and how expensive it would be to save up for the repairs.

I was interupted by the feeling of a warm hand against my cheek and a soft pair of lips kissing me.
All my senses kicked in and i was left in awe that the guy i liked was kissing me, even if it was just to make me calm down.
i flushed bright red and he noticed and gently pulled away and asked if i was ok now to which i nodded rapidly and covered my face with my hands since i was so flustered.
He chuckled slightly causing me to break into giggles and regain my composure.
We eventually decided on playing a game to pass the time till everyone would either leave or head to their rooms to sleep.

The night had turned out better than i could have ever imagined...