Chapter 4

I burst into Jacksons room to see him laying in his bed still unconscious. Ricky fills the chair on the opposite side of the bed from me. he looks up and makes eye contact with me. I stop about three feet from Jacks bed.

"I can't take this anymore," I state. "I'm going after him."

"Becca," Ricky sighs. "Don't be stupid."

"I'm being serious. Someone needs to do something about all this and it's not like the cops are doing anything."

"Rebecca Claire, you and I both know that you going after him will not end good. You're not going. I'm not gonna let you."

"It's not your decision to make!" My body tenses up as I yell at him. Ricky sighs and rubs his hands across his face.

"At least think about it," he sighs. "When was the last time you slept. You're probably just tired and making irrational decisions."

"I'm perfectly fine! Do you want to know what Jesse just told me? She knows he's gonna kill her and she don't care! She's okay with dying!" I pause for a moment do that it will sink into his brain. "He needs to be stopped."

Ricky stands up and walks around the bed to me. He places his hands on my shoulders and looks me deep in the eye.

"You're right," he says softly. " but you are the one that needs to stop him." I sigh and look down. When he tries to make eye contact but fails, he raises my head up. "Go home and get some rest. Everything here will be fine. You haven't slept in almost two days. Just get some rest."

I sigh and decide to listen to him. I nod before hugging him. I place my head on his shoulder while he rests his chin on my head. We stand there for a few minutes before he pulls back a little but still keeps me in his arms.

"I love you," he whispers then kisses me softly on my forehead.

"I love you too," I say before detaching myself from him and begin walking to the door.

"Becca,"his voice stops me and I turn to face him. "You never got the answer my question before any of this happened," he takes a small step forward. "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"

"There's no one else I'd rather be with," I reply bringing a giant smile to his face.

~

I walk into the apartment and kick my shoes off. I stand and stare at the room before me. Everything is still in the same spot from when we got that call and our world went crumbling down again. I see the ring box sitting on the table next to me. I make my way over to the table and pick it up. When I open it, the big diamond sparkles at me and a huge smile appears on my I'm diffenately ready to spend the rest of my life with him. He's the only one I want to be with.

I'm just scared that he'll realize to can do so much better than me and move on to the another girl.

But that's not the only thought that consumes me. I want to go after him. This is between me and him. I should be the one looking for him. Placing the ring back on the table, I go straight to the bedroom. I pull out the wad of cash from my nightstand. I grab my glock and begin to tuck it into my waistband when my phone rings. It's a bunch of numbers meaning it's no one in my contacts but I recognize it as the police station so I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Becca?" I hear in the other line. "This is Detective Rogers. We have a question for you."

"Please continue, sir," I say nicely as curiosity fills up inside of me.

"We are aware that you are probably the only person closes with this case and there is probably no other person that knows all about this better than you. We would like you to help us throughout this investigation," he pauses for a moment. This is perfect and exactly what I need. "We also are aware that you want to be an FBI agent one day and if you are successful, we can put in a good word for you."

"Detective, I would be honored."

"Good, come to the station as soon as possible."

I place my gun done and begin to walk out the room. Before I leave the apartment, I grab my keys and make sure the door is locked.

This is absolutely perfect. This will be easier than I thought.