Chapter 3

Thanks for the support so far! And feel free to comment your thoughts down below! No hate, please!

It was the weekends and Fei was walking on the streets of Shanghai. It was just another day in the summer holidays. Fei has more time than she knows what to do with. Today, she was meeting with a certain group of friends. It wasn't like she knew them really well, all she knew about them was their names and phone number.

Being trained and taught under her adoptive father through her childhood and given that she never made efforts to make friends outside, Fei didn't have many friends. But now, she decided to have a new start, make friends, get her life in order like a normal person, like everyone else, to actually live her life.

Fei looked around before looking down at the phone that Wang got for her, it wasn't like the latest model but a pretty decent one. She swiped through her phone, looking at the location that the boys have sent her through Wechat. She followed the directions before walking toward the location where she was going to meet up with the trio. They were already there, waiting for her at the junction. Fei took a deep breath before walking towards them.

"Hey there," Fei greeted as she walked up to them.

"See Kang, told you she would show up," Chung nudged the guy's rib. "Come on pay up," he raised his palm.

"Urghh fine," Kang groaned as he took a bill out of his wallet handing it to Chung.

"Don't mind those two, they were betting on whether you would come or not," Jiao scoffed.

"Oh..." Fei answered awkwardly. If she was hanging out with girls, this would probably not be as awkward, but there she was. She looked at the boys, there were in their usual attire.

"And as I said, she came," Chung said proudly as he took the money from Kang's hands.

"Okkk, I was wrong alright?" Kang rolled his eyes. "I didn't think she would want to hang with us."

"Why not?" asked Fei confused.

"Yeah, Kang, why not?" asked the shorter teen.

"She is a girl, hanging out with three guys like... it is kinda awkward, to be honest," Kang pointed out. "Don't you guys think it is weird?"

"Just because you had one bad experience with girls huh?" Jiao rolled his eyes. "Don't mind him, Fei, he literally like... what were you trying to do again? Oh right, confess?" Jiao quipped.

"Right, the time he wanted to confess, and then got rejected, well that is a simple way to put it," Chung eyed Kang. "Or we could go more into detail-"

"Hey! Don't say that in front of her!" Kang groaned in embarrassment.

Fei couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle as she smiled, maybe hanging out with them wasn't such a bad idea after all.

~~~

Later, it was noon, Fei, Kang, Chung, and Jiao were at a hotpot restaurant in a mall, eating lunch. Chung was handling most of the cooking there as Fei sat there while Kang and Jiao were talking.

"You guys want to put it any more stuff?" asked Chung as he held the cover.

"Not for now," Jiao said.

"Really, even with that big appetite of yours?" asked Kang scoffing.

"What? I take it slow and enjoy myself," the teen wearing the black hoodie said. "Plus, 2 hours buffet hotpot remember?"