🌈 𝘽𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚❤️

June 3rd is dedicated to all the Bisexual people out there! It is observed to recognize and celebrate bisexual people, the bisexual community, and the history of bisexuality.

"Bisexuality"

Bisexuality is romantic or sexual attraction toward both males and females, or to more than one sex or gender. It is the umbrella term for any form of attraction to two or more genders. Also, Don't make the mistake of thinking that bisexual people are "half gay" or "half straight". Bisexuality is a unique identity of its own, not simply an offshoot of being gay or straight.

"Bisexual Flag"

The rectangular flag consists of a broad magenta stripe at the top, a broad stripe in blue at the bottom, and a narrower deep lavender band occupying the central fifth. 

The pink color represents sexual attraction to the same sex only (gay and lesbian). The blue represents sexual attraction to the opposite sex only (straight) and the resultant overlap color purple represents sexual attraction to both sexes (bi).

The key to understanding the symbolism of the Bisexual pride flag is to know that the purple pixels of color blend unnoticeably into both the pink and blue, just as in the 'real world,' where bi people blend unnoticeably into both the gay/lesbian and straight communities.

"Myths About Bisexuals"

A popular myth within the LGBT community is that bisexual people can only be attracted to cis people (people who identify with their assigned birth gender), and/or males and females. This is incorrect. Some bisexual people have preferences for one or more sexes, however, some may not. Both attractions are entirely valid and accepted by the bisexual community, as bisexuality is fluid and is a different experience for every bisexual person.

"Bisexual V.s Pansexual"

Bisexuality is at its core the attraction to two or more genders, while pansexuality is the attraction to all genders or regardless of gender. Most people tend to confuse between these terms, they are similar but not quite the same.

I hope reading this has helped you understand Bisexual people a little more!
Support them! 'Cause Love is Love!

"There is nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in."

Happy Bisexual Pride Day!

*Disclaimer: Articles from Google