Chapter one

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I've heard that line so many times before. Now, I just ignore it.

I sat against the door of my room, holding my knees to my chest. I guess you could say this is my fault; I've been with Morgan since high school years, and I had so many chances to get away...

Flashback.

Today was my seventeenth birthday, and the guy I've been crushing on finally asked me out. I looked in my full length mirror, excitedly examining my outfit: a floral knee-length dress with matching brown Gladiators, my honey brown hair resting on my shoulders. I leaned into the mirror and applied a thin layer of eyeliner around my hazel eyes. Perfect, I thought, as I grabbed my phone and headed down stairs.

"You look beautiful, Sarah!" My mom smiled.

"You look amazing," my dad said, grinning as he was spinning me around, causing my dress to float around me.

"Thank you," I responded. I kissed them just as the doorbell rang. "Well, bye!" I shouted, running to the door.

"Be back by twelve," they shouted in unison.

I opened the door and saw Morgan standing there with a bouquet of white roses, looking as handsome as ever. His dark brown hair was spiked up in every direction and his face strong but in inviting. He was wearing a black v-neck, blue skinny jeans, and black vans.

"You look amazing," we said at the same time.

"These are for you," He chuckled, handing me the roses.

"Thank you." I blushed, and he grabbed my free hand and lead me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I ask, sitting down in his car.

"It's a surprise!" He smiled as he put the key into the ignition.

We had so much fun; he took me to dinner and a movie, then we went to a park and played like we were children again.

"It's getting late," I told him, looking at my watch. It read eleven-thirty.

"We still have a while," he said, getting into the back seat of the car. I soon followed.

"What are we doing?" I asked, confused. He looked me in the eyes and pressed his lips against mine. We kissed for a while before I managed to brake away.

"We should really go," I say, trying to get out of his car. He gripped my wrist hard and pulled me back in. He got on top of me, forcing me down, and pulled up the hem of my dress. I tried to scream and struggle, but I couldn't get loose.

He raped me.

All there had been was pain---my thighs dripped with a small amount of blood. This was not the man I knew; this was not the attractive boy I had a crush on. I was humiliated, and I couldn't think of anything but to remain in the back seat, unmoving, quiet, until he returned to the front seat and drove me home.

"Well, I had a really good night. I hope to see you soon," he said as I got out of the car. I said nothing, but walked awkwardly towards the house and hurried inside.

"How was you night?" My mom asked, yawning. "You're back right in time."

"F-fine... I'm tired; I'm going to sleep," I said, running up to my room. I slammed the door shut and cried the hardest I'd ever cried.

End of Flashback.

Now, see, at that point, I should have told my parents, but I was to scared. Plus, a few days later, I found out that I was pregnant, so I got beat and told it was my fault. A year later, me and Morgan got married, and the abuse seemed to get worse. But he never touched my daughter so I don't completely hate him.

"Mom!" Sadie, My daughter called. I Grab the door knob and pull my self up and wince in pain as I put pressure on my left leg. I walk slowly to my daughters room.

"Yes, baby?" I smile looking at younger version of me.

"I start School tomorrow, right?" She smiles combing her Barbie's hair.

"Yes, you do! So do I," I tell her, smiling as I take a seat on her bed.

Tomorrow, I start my job as a English teacher at Glenn Rose High School.