enough

[ART NOT MINE]

[Shuichi's POV]

this isn't working.

"who cares about the motive? Let's vote for the culprit already!" Kokichi's voice boomed through the room the high ceiling and rounded walls bouncing his explanation as if it we're a battle cry of sorts.

Tsumugi's voice cracks, "I-I care about the motive!"

"Well, I don't care. Finding the culprit is more important in this class trial." Kokichi held up a hand and inspected his nails, making it seem like he was bored.

"And anyways, taking about the motive is meaningless. it's not necessary for this specific case."

"No matter what you say i'll never believe your lies!"

The sinking feeling in my gut strengthened as I watched kaito clench his fist and hold onto the podium turning his knuckles almost white with how strong his grip was.

"we all agree that Gonta is the culprit right? It would be impossible for anyone but him." kokichi's voiced echoed through the room.

"impossible? why?"
"it's pretty obvious if you"-

"kokichi stop"

The room seemed to pause and all eyes turned my way. I gripped the podium railing a bit and tried not to let my anxiety i felt with everyone's eyes on him show."

"stop?"

"Yes, stop."

"and why would i do that."

"Because you made your point"

"And?"

The podium lurched under his feet as it moved me and kokichi to the center of the circle. It seemed monokuma wanted more entertainment. Fine then.

"and the truth is out and the point is made. what else do you want? as long as everyone thinks about it you've won and made a point. what more do you want You did just say the motive didn't matter. you should have faith in others that will vote without it then right?"

I watched as kokichi face goes blank again. The stare is unnerving but i don't back down when i've seen him in question tilt his head and narrow his eyes at me. it was rare but it seemed the shell had cracked for a moment.

"fine but will you get everyone else to understand then?"

"they already sh-"

Why would we listen to him shuichi?". shuichi takes a breath in as the podium pulls him back to kaitos side. "I mean, what reason has he given us?"

"Yeah! why would we tr-trust him!?" Tsumugi leaned over her railing a bit, staring me down with a slightly unsettling look.

[no ones POV]

The urge to scream for one moment was a dizzying feeling. maybe if shuichi yelled someone would get it. maybe they'd think about the information they had. as soon as kokichi had shared about the murder plan and revealed gonta as the blackened it had all snapped into place. they just had to think about it!

"what about this is so hard to understand! i gave you the answers, shumai i even said so himself i was right!"

shuichi grit his teeth as a new way of complainants burst forth from kaito's and tsumugi's mouths. across from him, maki's lips  are pursed and she's exchanging a glance at himiko. they both look resigned but aren't actively fighting him and the other two at this point.