Prologue

- a Rikara fanfiction

Omkara Singh Oberoi never believed in love. Not the kind that lasted, anyway. His marriage to Gauri Kumari Ssarma was built on duty and convenience, not affection. She was always there-steady, reliable, loving him in ways he could never return. Gauri had accepted her place in his life, knowing that his heart belonged to someone else, or perhaps to no one at all.

Yet, their lives intertwined in unexpected ways. The night Omkara showed up at Gauri's door, drenched in rain, carrying a small child in his arms, everything changed. He didn't explain much, only that he needed her help. Gauri, without hesitation, welcomed both him and the child, Anaya, into her life. From that moment, Gauri became more than just Omkara's wife-she became Anaya's mother.

Years passed, and though Omkara cared for Gauri, he kept his emotions guarded. Anaya brought them closer, but there was always something holding him back, a barrier between him and the love Gauri longed for. Omkara's past still haunted him, a shadow that Gauri couldn't quite see, but she felt its weight.

As the family's fragile peace is threatened by secrets and unresolved ties from Omkara's past, Gauri can't help but wonder: will Omkara ever truly love her? Or will she always be the woman who gave everything but received only part of him in return?

The question lingers, unanswered, as they face the battles ahead. For Gauri, the mystery isn't just about the past. It's about whether Omkara's heart will ever belong to her, or if it's a love she'll never fully have.

Author's Note -

Hello people, long time eh ? So, here i bring you another imagination of mine in the form of this story because we all know, it never stays in mind

thing is, i have had a sever writer's block and it will take me some time to go back to my old stories .. till then I hope this one will keep you engaged *hehe*

the work on the plot is still in process so it will take me atleast two or three days to publish the first chapter and i tell yall im so so so excited to start ... let's hope you all are too .. do tell me in comments and thank you for all the support till now and please continue giving me your support because that's the only way that i can possibly keep up

...............

Hi, it's me from 2024,

so apparently life happened and I had to give up on writing altogether.. but I have decided to come back for this story, I will complete this.

To those who all support me while writing this, thank you in advance.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know or remember the Oberoi family from the Indian television show "Ishqbaaz", here is what the Oberoi family looks like in this story -

The Oberoi family:

Tej Singh Oberoi
wife: Janhvi Oberoi
children : Omkara Singh Oberoi, Rudra Singh Oberoi

Shakti Singh Oberoi
wife: Pinky Oberoi
Children: Shivaay Singh Oberoi

Shivaay Singh Oberoi
wife: Annika Gupta (neè Oberoi)
Children : Anish Singh Oberoi

Omkara Singh Oberoi
wife: Gauri Kumari Ssarma (neè Oberoi)
children: Anaya Singh Oberoi

Rudra Singh Oberoi
wife: Bhavya Pratap Singh (neè Oberoi)