The Nightmare

You woke with a start. You sat up covered in cold sweat. You wiped some sweat away from your brow and tried to calm your breathing. The nightmare flashed through your mind,clear as day.

------------

You bounced out of bed,once again 6. You had been living with your older brother because your parents had died unexpectedly. You ran down the hall to your brother's room. "Nii-San! It's time to get up!" You called. Your brother grunted and stirred in bed,but made no move to sit up. "Nii-San! It's 8 o'clock! You said you'd be up by then!" You exclaimed. Your brother grunted yet again and sat up in bed. "Alright,(y/n/n). Cool down a little. What's so exciting about today anyway?" He asked. "I was going to take you to the park,Nii-San!" You exclaimed with a smile. "You deserve it after all the hard work you're putting in with me!" Your brother smiled. "Thank you,(y/n/n). I really could use some fresh air." 

You ran down the path of the nearby park,laughing and smiling in excitement. Your brother trailed behind you more slowly,smiling a little at you. "Slow down a little,(y/n/n)! You'll leave me behind at this rate!" Your brother called. You laughed but slowed down. "Okay!" Your brother took the lead and lead you to a tree. "Ooh! Remember what Mama and Papa would bring us here for?" You asked excitedly. Your brother nodded. "The monkeys are back!" He exclaimed. You giggled. "Put me up!" You said. Your brother carefully picked you up and placed you in the lowest branch. You smiled and swung around on the tree. "This is great,Nii-San!" You exclaim,laughing with excitement. 

Suddenly,the dream changed to the day your brother died. You backed up against the wall,now 8 years old. Your brother-or so you thought was your brother-laughed maniacally. "So little child,is this what you've wanted? You know death is inevitable in this life!" Satan asked. "No! I don't want this to happen! Not to Nii-San! Not to anyone! Leave him alone!" You exclaim defiantly. Satan walked up to you and ran his hand along your chin. "My my,you certainly are a defiant little child. You should've been punished for that." His hand caught on fire and he raked his hand over your chest. You gasped as the flame burnt your clothes away and burned some of your skin. You teared up. "Leave my Nii-San alone! Leave us alone! We never did anything to you!" You exclaimed,now crying. Satan laughed. "I'm afraid your little Nii-San won't be coming back for you." Your eyes widened. "What are you talking about? Of course he is!" You sob. Blood started to pour down your brother's face. "I'm afraid this boy can't handle this body. My flames will burn him up from the inside out." Satan said. Tears flowed freely down your face. "No.. You can't take my Nii-San from me!!" You shrieked and launched yourself at Satan. Satan laughed and smacked you away. "Child,you cannot stop my flames. Your brother will die,and you will not be able to save him." You crumpled to the ground. "I'm afraid I must be going. Take care of yourself,child. I want you for myself later." Your brother crumpled to the ground,his body steaming. You crawled over to him and started shaking him furiously. "Nii-San! Nii-San,please wake up!!" You sobbed. Your brother remained still,the breath gone and the glint in his eyes gone. You sat back and cried into your brother's body. "Nii-San..I'm alone now... I've lost everyone..." You sobbed.  

------------

You closed your eyes and released a breath,trying to control your breathing. You stood up and got dressed quickly then walked out of your room,closing the door behind you. You walked down the hall,your (y/h/c) bangs shadowing your (y/e/c) eyes from the others. You walked towards the classrooms slowly,avoiding eye contact with everyone you saw. You try not to stare at the floor,but you do,your mind on your brother. Since you were so wrapped up in your thoughts,you didn't realize you ran into someone. You looked up with partly teary eyes. Shima looked down at you from above you. "You okay,(y/n/n)? You seem more depressed than usual." He said. You shield your eyes. "I'm fine.." You mumbled,standing up. Shima lifted your head up lightly. "Hey. Tell me what's going on." He demanded softly. You nodded a little and started to tell him about your family,the tears running down your face as you described them. Shima listened quietly,staring at you intently and reaching out every once in a while to wipe some tears away from your face carefully. After about 5 or so minutes,you had filled him in on everything,including your brother's death. "I know how you feel. I lost my brother to Satan." Shima said. You nodded and sniffled,wiping some tears away from your face. Shima wrapped you in a hug. "I won't leave you like your family. I'll be here for you as long as you need me." He whispered in your ear. "Thank you.." You whispered. By then,you knew that this goofy salmon haired boy was the boy you loved. You smiled faintly.