I still care...

Summary :  Daniel and Corbyn used to date, however, they broke up, because Corbyn didn't have the same feelings towards Daniel as we he used to, or at least he thought so. It had been 3 months since the breakup, and Corbyn missed Daniel everyday for the last 2 and a half months, but he knew Daniel wouldn't take him back.

Corbyn's pov : 

I jumped on my bed and went on my phone. I started looking at me and Daniel's old messages. Like one from 5 months ago, in January. 

Corbs: That's hilarious 

Dani : I know right. Anyway, do you want to meet?

Corbs : No, I'm hanging with Christina 

Dani : Oh but we haven't hung out in a while. Maybe later?

Corbs : Daniel, stop. I'm hanging out with Christina today. Bye

Then I saw another one, which was just a few days before we broke up

Dani : Hey

Corbs : Oh my god, can you ever leave me alone? We just talked a few hours ago

Dani : Corbs, we haven't spoken for days, I miss talking to you 

Corbs : yeah yeah, me too, but I'm busy. 

I felt bad. Why was I ever like this to Daniel? Why did I behave so badly with him? He was the best thing that ever happened to me. He was one of the only few people who cared about me, was there for me no matter what. I took him for granted and then, I let him go. Why would I ever do that? Daniel has probably moved on by now. I guess I should just write to him

Corbs : hi..

Daniel's pov: 

I haven't thought about Corbyn all week, it took me so long to get him off my mind. But as I saw his name appear on my phone, all the memories came back. All the feelings suddenly hit me again, like they did earlier. Yet I never changed his contact name. Anyway, I called up Zach, my best friend, to ask for advice. "Hey Dani, what's up?" Zach asked. "Ok so, Corbyn messaged me, today, like right now." I replied. "Wait really?" Zach questioned. "Yeah. I don't know what to do." I told him. "Look, do you want to message him?" Zach asked me. "I want us to be on good terms." I answered. "Then reply and try to be friends with him." Zach suggested. "You're right. Thanks Zach." I thanked. "Anytime." He replied, and kept the phone down. I opened my messages, and replied to Corbyn. 

Dani : It's been a while

Corbs : I know.

Dani : What's up

Corbs : Look, I have missed you every single second, of every single minute, of everyday for the last 3 months. I'm sorry, I was a horrible boyfriend. Please take me back. 

I'll admit, I was shocked at this statement. I wasn't expecting it. I really did want him back because I loved him, I never stopped. But this time, I needed to think about myself. How do I know if he will be serious in our relationship. If he hurts me again, I don't think I will be able to handle it. So I sent a response. 

Dani : Corbyn, I can't. I can't let you hurt me again. 

Corbs : Do you still love me?

Dani :  I don't think we can be a thing again

Corbs : Just answer the question please

Dani : Yes...

Corbs : Then this Saturday, please meet me at the Descanso Gardens at 1 pm. Just for 5-10 minutes. If you don't want to see me again after that, I won't bug you.

Dani : Ok. 

I wasn't sure what else to do. 

Saturday come soon. I wore something cute and headed to the Descanso Gardens. I saw Corbyn there. He sat by a piano and there was also a quartet. "Corbyn, what's going on?" I asked. Corbyn started playing a song ( it was grey, for now, Corbyn has written this song by himself and why don't we doesn't exist, sorry.). He started singing as well "I can't even hide it, I haven't stopped thinking..." As the song went on, I kept getting even more and more into my feelings. I realised how much I had missed him. I saw the tears in his eyes while he was singing the song. The song was ending, I was in tears, so was he, his voice was cracking a bit due to that. "Now every day it rains, and I'm the one to blame. Baby, I walked away, when you came to stay, oh. Now everything's grey..." And the song ended. He walked towards me, pretty much crying. "Daniel, I'm so so sorry for the way I was. For breaking up with you, for hurting you, for showing you that you couldn't trust me. But most of all not being able to express by care and love towards you. You deserved to be loved ." Corbyn said. I smiled and kissed him. "I forgive you, and yes. I will take you back." I told him. 

A/N : Hope you enjoyed! P.s. Im not trying to make Corbyn look like a bad guy, I love him. It's just for the story.