Madeline pushed herself from the soft lab table slowly.

Thanking the heavens Forensic Science was done for the day.

She slowly gathered her floral pencil bag, blue notebook, and various pages of homework.

Lucas turned to look at her as he did the same. "So, any plans for the weekend?"

Madeline's brown eyes met his as she unzipped her sweater.

She shook her head. "Not really. Probably just going to watch YouTube while I do homework. What about you?"

Lucas smirked, "Probably the same thing." He slowly sighed, "Welp, I'll see you at third period"

Madeline waved as she approached her locker.

Fuck. She had forgotten her combination.

Lucas looked over at Madeline's locker, where she had her eyes closed and her eyebrows fumbled.

He stood next to her and whispered "8, 10, 24"

Madeline smiled and thanked him shyly. "I need to write it down"

~

As third period approached Madeline got more and more excited. She dreaded having a college class during her senior year but the senior counselor had encouraged her since it was going to benefit in the long run.

And what was the worst that could happen?

Madeline was a very smart girl.

She wasn't a straight A student but her grades were never lower than an 87.

Her GPA was of an outstanding 3.78 and she was ranked 12 in a class of 128 students.

Her parents were extremely proud but they wanted her to be better. Which obviously brought a remarkable amount of stress over her.

The bell rang and she flew out of her seat. She quickly grabbed her materials for the next class and waited at Lucas's locker.

Lucas appeared from the other hallway and smiled when his brown eyes met Madeline's.

"How was second period?" He asked as he opened his locker.

"It was fine. English is so easy. But we have an 8 page essay due for Monday. What about you?" She said as she tucked a piece of her very long and dark brown hair behind her ear.

Lucas clicked his tongue as he kicked his locker closed. He motioned Madeline to follow him to class before he started to speak again. "Nothing much, we basically just watched unsolved crimes for the whole period. She doesn't really teach"

Madeline and Lucas both entered the classroom and sat next to each other. Waiting for their other classmates to start filling the classroom.

Aiden ran to sit in front of Lucas and fist bumped him as soon as he sat down.

Aiden was one of Lucas's best friends.

He had long brown hair that reached his neck. He knew how to play the guitar and the drums. Also liked rock bands and had a very soft spot for anime series. He height was average and he was more on the heavy side.

Lucas on the other hand, had short light brown and ginger hair, wore glasses, had fairly white skin, was of average height and average weight. He liked anime series as well and knew how to play the piano.

Madeline was short for a 17 year old girl, her height was of 4 feet and 9 inches. She had very long, dark brown almost black hair that reached just 2 inches above her hips. She had a very voluptuous body. She didn't really have one specific taste in music, she preferred watching romantic movies and didn't really escape her comfort zone.

As class started, Aiden and Lucas talked the whole period about an anime series they were both watching. While Madeline took down notes and occasionally said a word to both of them.

~

Lunch was the next period, which Madeline dreaded.

"So, is anyone from your group absent today?" Madeline asked as she grabbed her lunch out of her backpack.

Lucas and Aiden looked at each other before both saying no.

Madeline hummed sadly, "Well, I'll see you guys after lunch then"

Lucas and Aiden both nodded and started walking towards the stairs lost in a conversation Madeline had thought of what could be.

She walked towards the girls restroom and locked herself in the big stall. She sighed as she started eating her lunch.

She spent most of this period in the restroom, Kendall was her only girl friend that she could sit with and she was almost always absent. There was no way she would sit alone in the cafeteria. At least not after the whole fight that had happened the semester before.

The thing is Madeline had not always been friends with Lucas and Aiden.

She knew Aiden the moment she started Sophomore year in this high school but Lucas was barely her friend since the start of their second Senior semester.

She had gotten in a fight with who used to be her best friend since sophomore year.

To keep it short, they were both in a group of friends. All guys except for them two. One day they both had a small misunderstanding and when Madeline came back to school from the weekend. Her "best friend" had changed the story around and spread a rumor about the situation to the whole school.

Leaving her with no friends. Except Aiden. Which she loved for sticking with her through the whole drama.

She never had the guts to stick up for herself, she really wasn't a girl to make fights and that used to be her best friend. Which hurt her in every way just thinking about fighting with her.

Madeline heard the bell ring and she walked out of the restroom before walk the students got to their lockers.

She waited for Lucas to reach his locker, who smiled instantly as he saw her.

"I didn't see you at lunch." He said with a worried look in his face.

She shrugged "I was all the way to the corner, I was only able to get a seat there, you probably didn't see me."

Lucas nodded quietly as he rolled his eyes when he saw Aiden making kissy faces behind Madeline.

Aiden put his arm over Madeline's shoulder "Soooo, have you guys thought about what invention you are creating for Grayson's Class?"

"Yup, I don't really want to stress about it so I'm going to finish the presentation this weekend. After I finish my essay of course." She said confidently.

Lucas nodded, "I think I know what I'm going to do but I don't want to start yet, we literally have 3 months left until we have to present"

~

As the day went by, all Madeline could think of was how numb she was going to feel during the weekend.

Lucas and Aiden made her feel alive and less sad in a way. She hated going home after school. It seemed like her life went on an autopilot switch as soon as she stepped foot inside her room.

Of course, she would text Lucas all weekend and video chat him whenever they were both available but she preferred seeing him in person over all things.

It was going to be a very long weekend.