Just Life

Jethro's (P.O.V.)

I found myself wondering through the caves after I knew the others were asleep. Sleep has never come easy to me, so hopefully a walk would help.

The caves were quieter then usual, the odd wolf stopping to talk.

Since the ceremony more wolves had been comfortable talking to me and Mathias. Slowly accepting and making us apart of their pack.

"Umm, moon? Mother moon??" A quiet voice whispered from a particularly dark corner. I approached the timid voice slowly. The wolf was adorable, a giant fluffy main in a rusty red met a creamy belly.

"Yes? Who is it?" I asked, I've never seen them before. The small figure approached me, fingers twisted together to keep them from shaking.

"Mother moon, I need - I mean is there anyway - " The voice was shakey and strained. "Would you bless me, please? My partner and I are desperate for a pup!? We've done all we can but the goddess doesn't seem to have me in her favor. My partner... she works so hard and I fear ... I can't provide her with the thing she wants the most."

The short figure was crying, swiping tears away with the back of their hand. My heart hurt for them as they wailed. Almost out of nowhere a large female appeared at their side. Her face dangerous as she smothered her mate in her breast to protect them.

"Don't worry, please! Why don't we move to a cave." I said calmly, hands raised to show my lack of threat.

They moved together towards the back of the cave system, showing me to a large cave with a small cozy cave attached. Pelts spilled from there. So, that must be their nesting room.

"You've created such a beautiful home here." It was true, but I desperately hoped the complement would cool the raging domanits temper. They all like their egos stocked and can't seem to focuse on pride and anger at the same time.

"We want it to be perfect for our pups!" Exclamed the larger of the two.

"It will. Now, what are your names, what do I call you by?"

The smaller stepped up, "my apologies, I'm Magnus, but Maggie is fine." They looked to their partner, "This is Michelle but everyone calls her Mitch!"

" Pronouns? Mine are he/him."

"Oh! It doesn't matter really to us. We clear don't fit gender norms, hahah, so we just go with whatever clothes we pick for the day!" Maggie chirped.

They were sweet and their eyes didn't stray from each other for more then 5 sec. They were clearly happy but a baby is the missing link.

"Please, both you come here." They came close and I took their hands. Maggie's was freezing but Mitches were blazing. "Please goddess see this beautiful pair and bless them. Their warm love," I moved their hands together clasping them in mine, "would be perfect for one of your precious creations."

One of my hands moved to a small pouch I kept attaching to my hip, it was full of sparkly rocks I had collected and turning into beads. I randomly plucked a purple and green bead for the bag. I opened their hands and gently placed it.

"My work can only go so far. Please see the healers, they can help you. The goddess loves all her creations but she can only give so much."

A tear fell on my hand. Maggie's quietly sniffled as he clenched the stone. Mitch pulling him into her breast again.

"Thank you, mother moon! Please feel free to come by as you like."

With that I gave a quick goodbye and was back walking through the caves. I'll come by a little alter I think.