Blind Date

Mallory's P.O.V.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

I could read Disney quotes forever. As I scrolled through thousands of screenshots of Disney quotes I tumbled across some from Disney movies and some from the Walt Disney himself. Life as I knew it consisted of six things.

-Friends

-School

-Acting

-Disney

-Food

-James Jenson

James Jenson, the hottest guy ever, if you don't include Flynn Rider or Prince Eric that is. James was perfect in every kind of way. He had perfect blonde hair that fell just so perfectly.  His eyes were as green as new leaves on a tree. He walked in a way that made all the girls sigh. But, there was no way I would ever have a chance with a guy like that.

A girl like me me never had a fair chance. I had dirty blonde hair, mucky blue eyes and huge feet. I never cared that my parents are tall but, I didn't get that gene so why did I get the big feet gene? I was everything a guy never wanted.

Just then my phone buzzed. It was a text.
Hey Mal, u busy tonite?

It was Jess, my best friend. We had met back in third grade, but we really didn't get to know each other tell middle school. We connected instantly and to this day, are inseparable. I started typing.

Kinda...
That's not a good answer! 
I have a huge math test in a couple weeks and the musical auditions that same day.
A couple weeks... come on Mal...
What do you even want to do?
Well... it's a secret
Jess.... tell me!
I can't!
You buy me lunch for a week.... anything I want...
A week is too long! Wht about 3 days?
Deal!
Meet me tonite, 7 P.M. sharp at my house, formal wear, look pretty, like actually try, please and thx
K

I turned my phone off and ran to my closet. I dug through clothes until I found a perfect dress. It was a cream color with maroon pokadots. I looked over at my alarm clock.
5:45

I tossed the dress onto my bed and started pulling out different shoes to match to the dress. A pair of black flats, white converse, brown combat boots.

"White converse, definitely! " I said to myself grabbing my phone and opening Pinterest. I scrolled down to my hairstyles board and started following the instructions for a cute bun. For the next hour I finshed getting ready and wondered what was in stake for this evening.

At 6:45 I ran out the door and hopped into the red beat up pick-up truck I got for my 16th birthday last summer. I turned the corner and drove another mile or so to Jess's house. I parked on the curb and jumped out onto the paved road. I walked behind the truck and up to Jess' s door step. I knocked twice and stepped back. After about 15 seconds the door swung open. It was Dallas, Jess's older brother. Dallas is a senior at our high school. Jess and I are Juinors, only a year behind him.

Dallas is good looking, he is just not very kind. He is the Q.B. on our high school football team.  The typical jock. Nothing more and nothing less.

"Hey Dallas, " I waved.

"Hey Mallory. Let me go get Jess." He turned his head and yelled, "JESS! JESS, MALLORY IS HERE!" he turned towards me and opened the door all the way and backed away. "Come on in. She'll be up in just a second." He walked toward the table that was about 15 feet from the front door. "Want a drink?" He asked as he opened the fridge and ducked in, grabbing an orange soda and then catching my glance.

"No thanks." Just then Jess ran up the stairs.

"Hey Mal!" She said as she ran up to me and threw her arms around me. "You look adorbs!" She shrieked.

"Thanks Jess." She was wearing a red top and a blue cardigan. She had her red keds on and a blue stone necklace. She had her pink rubber CTR ring around her finger. I looked down at my left hand where I wore my silver CTR ring. It was a gift from Hawaii and had some sort of floral pattern around the black CTR shield.

"We should get going. If we don't leave soon, we'll be late!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door and to my red truck. "You don't mind driving, do you?"

"I guess not, I just have no idea where we are going." She smiled.

"Don't worry silly, I'll direct you to where we need to go." She pulled me farther  down the driveway,  leaving the door wide open. Dallas leaned out of the open door, soda in hand.

"See ya later." I waved back at him.

After we hopped in the truck and Jess gave me some directions to our mystery stop, I started driving. After a while Jess told me to stop.

"We're here!" She shrieked. Why was she so excited? She jumped out of the car.

I opened the door and saw where we were. Some super fancy place you could never say the name right because it was french.

I opened my mouth to speak but Jess interrupted. "Mal, just come with me." She held out her hand and I grabbed it eger to find out what was happening. 

We walked up to a pair of huge gold doors. A woman in a beautiful black dress was standing behind a podium flipping through papers on a clipboard. "Do you have a reservation?" Jess nodded and  pulled  a piece of paper out of her pocket and handed it to the lady. Thd lady smiled and pointed to the hallway behind her.

Jess pulled me towards the hallway and down it to a door to the outside.

"Mal, please put this blindfold on and don't talk and then you can have to your three lunches." She handed me a blind fold and I wrapped it around my head, covering my eyes. Why not, I had already gotten so far in her crazy requests, why stop? She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the outdoors. I could tell. The air suddenly changed and became colder, I could feel the slight breeze and could tell t ha the it got slightly darker. She lead me to a chair and sat me down. She leaned down a whispered into my ear, "On the count of three say your name."  I nodded and she backed away.

"Welcome to dinner," Jess' s voice was joined with anothers. A deeper one. A  guys vocie. "One, two,"

I took a deep breath.

"Three,"

As I said my name I heard another guy voice as it said "James".