Chapter 1

Emma Zackly the youngest daughter of Darius Zackly and the only one left to be wedded. Emma's father Darius Zackly well he doesn't want her to get married. Why? because he doesn't want his youngest child to leave him especially since it is now only him and Emma...

Emma's POV

"Emma!...Emma!"

I could hear one of the maids calling to me to wake up...ugh what time is it?

"M'lady you must get up or you'll miss breakfast with your father"

Oh...I forgot....father wanted to have breakfast since he will be leaving to visit a friend from the Survey Corp...I believe for a couple of days.

I grumble a little bit as I tried to hide under my covers...until Polly ripped them off

"AHHH!! It is freezing!" I yelled the cold air was hitting every bit of skin it could I even feel it through my nightgown.

"M'lady you shouldn't have stayed up all night reading you know you have many things that you have prepared for today" Polly was saying as she was getting my day dress ready as I sat up from my bed.

"ugh, why most people have to wake so early *yawn* I would give any-*yawn*-hing to sleep in" I was trying to get my eyes used to the morning light as I stood up to stretch my limbs, my frizzy- wavy strawberry blonde hair fell to the small of my back. I hate my hair not that it isn't beautiful it is just too hard to maintain and it always seems to get in the way. Maybe I'll cut it one day! oh wait my sisters, father and Polly would freak if I even told them of that thought.

"M'lady time to get dress" I walk over to Polly to begin my ceremony of...getting dressed.

Polly began to pull the string of my nightdress. It slides off my body perfectly. Then Polly bring of my undergarments' my underwear, stockings, and...corset.

"Ready for the tightening Miss" I went over to my bed as I placed my hands down on the king bed...I sigh "yes carry on Polly"

After my corset I slipped into my petticoat then I decided to go with the mustard yellow dress and overcoat since I will be going out today with my matching bonnet

(((( Just before we start the next part off clothing are all set from the regiment period at this time so imagine Emma's or Elizabeth's dresses)))

After my corset I slipped into my petticoat then I decided to go with the mustard yellow dress and overcoat since I will be going out today with my matching bonnet. Polly began to do my hair which was a simple half up half down...a signature style of yours truly.

(((A Visual for you guys of what Emma looks like with the coat and then without her coat)))

(((Also a visual of Polly)))

With coat so when she going out

This is what she is currently wearing don't worry she will have different outfits just wait for the ball part;)

And here is Polly Emma's maid and technically a governess as well

Now on with the book

I made my way toward the dining hall that had a big window at the end where father sits that shows much of the scenic area and you could also see the walls as well.

I entered the dining room with Polly behind me my father was looking at the paper until he saw I had come/

"Emma my child good morning" he smiled. I made my way toward him before having myself seated. "good morning father!" I smiled gleefully as I gave him a peck on the cheek before sitting down for breakfast.

"So...Emma, I heard from Polly that you have been staying up past your curfew" he said as he was cutting his ham while looking up at me.

"What! Polly did you rat me out!?" Polly looked at me and said "Of course not I would never do such a thing" she said as she smirked.

"Yes, father I have but not anything bad! I have been reading a very good feminist novel!"

I shouted out

"One day father I will stand up against the system of men running our military, government, and even the walls...no offense father you are an amazing Chief in Command...but wouldn't it be amazing if it were women!" My father looked up at me with a sad smile...but still happy "you are much more like your mother than your other sister Emma, she was all about that" he paused "she would always talk about women being able to command or run the government witch I also believed in but my belief was nothing like hers...she was strong and willing to sacrifice anything to bring women equality I mean she is one of the reasons that females can join into the military...she was all of that."

Father loved my mother Mrs. Zackly and he deeply missed her.

"Well father I heard you will be visiting Mr. Smith isn't that right? How is he?"

Mr. Smith also known as Commander Erwin Smith of the Survey Corp. I've only met him once at a dinner party for all the commanding officers.

For some reason, he antagonized me...but somehow I was also intrigued by him.

"Yes I am I will be reviewing their training and receiving their reports in person," he said while he was drinking his morning coffee.

"Well, father...tell Mr. Smith that I say hello," I said while drinking the tea I had from the china teacup.

My father began to stand from his seat. One of the male attendants assisted him with his coat to leave.

He made his way over to me as I stand up to hug him goodbye.

"My dearest child I must leave now," he said

"Of course fa-...papa" I decided not to be so formal that time. "Please come back home safe and alive"

He pulled away and said "no promise" and then smiled.

He started making his way out before saying "oh! And visit your sister while I am gone" I signed and said "I will papa"

And he left to make his way to the Survey Corps.