lights that have darken

To begin this story we are going to sort of start from the beginning.

It's the start of 6th grade year. Alisha and Dominic meet here in Physical ed. a class which Alisha hated with a passion. It had been raining this day and all the coaches had forced the student to do their daily 20 -15 minute run around the make shift track. This is when Dominic had first seen her ( as he always said ) wearing a grey jog suit with blue accented k-swiss , hair straight pulled back into a ponytail, face red from the cold air but panting from running were soft as he always would remember .

Alisha was the first person to even notice Dominic to be kind enough to say hello. and that alone sparked interest into wanting to learn about each other. Alisha in her mind just noticed him quiet which for her gave her the urge to introduce herself . while greeting each other they shook hands but during this action she felt a spark like a chill go up her arm , shockingly this has never happened in her mind all she could think of was what was this, they held hands longer than normal then she came back to reality and broke the handshake . And walked away as fast as she could've.

After that day Alisha avoided Dominic as much as possible , till she figured out what had happened when they had touched hands. a few weeks passed with out a word , she noticed him becoming distant and she felt that she had brought that upon him. she decided to break the ice , the tension that was driving them both mad. She walked up to him in gym class and before she could say anything he asked for her to sit and talk. they talked the class the way for some reason it felt as if time had sat still.

They exchanged numbers and as the days went on they would talk for hours into the next morning. so yes ,they became the best of friends . the school year was coming to a end and come to find out Dominic was rezoned for another school . The two knew or thought it was the end of a friendship. 7th grade year passed and 8th grade came by fate they found each other again towards the end of 8th grade year..

The pair exchanged numbers again and days turned into night ,back into days again.

Dominic after about a month into finding Alisha again asked for her to be his. She of course accepted. Few days past and one late night Alisha gets a call from him , she knew something was wrong , but all that was said on the other line was " forgive me , I've done something horrible and we can not be together " "we shouldn't even be friends " and the line just ends .

Alisha lost for words not knowing what had happen or if it was her , the fact that he shut her out just like that after about 2 years of knowing each other. In her mind were so many thoughts , her heart was shattered , like a piece of her was missing , she wasn't whole.

she spent about a month in tears and her old self turned into a shadow.