Chapter 4: A Stranger's Call

Chae Yong

I arrived at Jipuragi exactly at 8.00 a.m. Mr Nam is already there and there's a hot coffee in my table. I looked at him and he's still diligently doing his chores around the office. As a paralegal assistant to my father before, he showed his loyalty to him even after his demise. He takes care of the office like his second home and love his plants like him.

For me, Mr Nam is like an older brother that I don't have. Having him around me gives me the feeling of warmth and safety though he seems quirky in his way.

Suddenly, our peaceful morning was interrupted by the loud phone ringing.

"Yeobosayo, This is Jipuragi Law Firm, How can I help you?"

" Joh-eun achim mida. This is Prosecutor Son Han Min from Seoul Namdongbu Office. Can I speak to Lawyer Han Cha Young? Is she available?"

" Jamkkanman. I'll pass the call to her."

"Byeon-hosa Nim, Prosecutor Son Han Min is on the phone. It sounds quite urgent. He wants to speak to you."

"Geuge nuguya? Alright, pass me the call.."

" Yeobosayo, Han Cha Young speaking. How can I help you?"

"This is Prosecutor Son Han Min from Seoul Namdongbu Office. I would like to meet you if you're not busy this morning. It is important and I believe that only you are suitable for this task."

This man sounds desperate when he called me. Despite his straining voice, I can sense a bit of pleas in his voice. That is the reason I sit in the comfy coffee shop waiting for him.

 That is the reason I sit in the comfy coffee shop waiting for him