Chapter 10

People tend to ignore you. That's how it's been for your entire life. Your sister was the one everyone focused on while you were just... there. You never had any attention on you.

It wasn't like that today.

Your quiet steps seemed to be echoing throughout the hallways as the students and teachers around were glancing at you and whispering. At least, they were supposed to be.

"Wait, is that her?"

"She really does look like L/n. Or I mean Katana. I can't believe I didn't notice."

"She's really pretty."

"That can't be her. The news is probably making up shit. Maybe Endeavor was on the scene or something."

'I swear if these motherfuckers don't shut the fuck up.'

"Maybe she had a Quirk the whole time?"

Someone snickered. "No way in hell. She's way too- shit!" The person gasped in surprise. You continued walking but glanced to where the noise had come from.

You couldn't help but stare in front of you as the gossiper coward in fear as a figure loomed over him.

If someone else was affected like you were because of the media, it was him.

Bakugou jeered at the student. "Get the fuck outta my way."

It had turned out that the kid that Midoriya had saved was none other than Katsuki Bakugou. You were annoyed at first because of all of the shit he had but Midoriya through but you calmed down after remembering Midoriya's trying to be a hero.

Everyone in Musutafu, maybe everywhere in Japan, was interested in the both of you. It's not every day you see a kid with an explosion Quirk like that. Or a kid with a fire ability. That's what the media was saying.

While you were resting in the hospital, you had time to absorb the information that was given to you. It didn't hit you until then but...

You had an ability no one else had. Something no normal person could have. Maybe your dreams could become a reality.

When you had gotten released and went home, you were met by your mother cooking something in the kitchen. She had time to cook but didn't have time to come visit you after you nearly died. Yay.

She was shocked as you weren't supposed to get released this early. Nervousness and excitement develop within you as approached your mother.

"Mom. I wanna enlist in U.A"

Which explains why you were at school. You weren't supposed to be there as the school gave you a few days to regain your strength but you wanted to put U.A onto your listing of options after Junior High.

Your eyes met with furrowed vermillion ones, clearly pissed as usual.

You saw Bakugou glimpse down at your bandaged wrist. Out of instinct, you tucked it behind your back. You returned the glare.

"Gotta eye problem?" You snarled, not giving him time to respond. You picked up your pace, wanting to get out of the school as quickly as possible.

You arrived at the principal's office and the talk went as expect: many shocked faces, doubt, and backhanded encouragements. It had gotten to the point when you pulled out the registration form, literally threw it at him, and snapped at him to sign it.

Sure, you had given up your dreams and accepted the fact you weren't going to be anyone in this lifetime.

But that fantasy always stayed with you.