ɘɿɘH mA I

I trailed my fingers on the glass case of the painting. The blue ball in the paint, it's shining on the canvas with bright and dark shades of blue with the mixture of sand. I can feel the vast void in my happiness by seeing the masterpiece. I never knew I could ever feel such unknown emotion from a single canvas.

Who is the artist? Should I buy the painting to observe it more closely? I want to know more about the artist. How can they create this which can make someone feel happy yet empty inside without any effort? Sorry, I mean they might have worked hard for the painting. But still, they mesmerized me without any words.

"Excuse me, can I have a chat with the artist of this painting?" I asked but only got discouraged by the worker's monotone answer.

"He already left the gallery and won't come back until the last day of the exhibition."

Hopefully, I will meet him on the last day and persuade him to talk with me.

I am Annabelle, a Korean American whose parents are Korean natives. I recently moved to Seoul to learn about my native culture apart from studying. I am also a student of an Art College since painting and crafting are my passions.

My parents are still in the US, living their life after retirement. I came here to stay with my older brother, who finds his inner peace in calligraphy. I have been learning things from him since my childhood. Now I am an adult offspring of the Han family.

I am here at a local art exhibition gallery that my brother suggested I take a look at. He suggested that it should be easier for me to understand the painters around me since I am a painter too. Honestly speaking, I didn't expect a silent talent out here without a glamorous lifestyle.

I wonder if I can use you as my model, Kth. I will hunt you down if I have to. I will make you my object and capture you in a thousand different angles with my brushes and paints.

Ah, let's see how low can you pull me down or how high can you fly me up." You can change the words to make it sound better.

Though it feels like the moment I will lay my gaze on you, I will be spellbound by your appearance. Don't mind me. I tend to become a bit hyper when I am over-excited.