Chapter 2

This has been rewritten

Ladybug sat alone at their usual meeting place, an abandoned warehouse, it was a particularly gloomy night. She would have to be careful going home. As it was lighter when she arrived.
She sighed, pulling her knees to her chest leaning her back against the brick wall. Still feeling a little embarrassed from her outburst earlier. She Let her head hit the wall and she looked at the sky to pass the time. Although it didn't take long before she heard footsteps and a soft jingle of a bell.

"Bug?" Chat noir padded almost silently, tail swaying slightly in the breeze. Turning her head to face him she hummed a greeting as he sat down next to her legs sprawled out in front of him. They sat in silence for a while neither one knowing where to start.

"I'm sorry..." Ladybug muttered looking down at her knees as she continued "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, especially in front of civilians." He stayed quiet gazing at her softly "I meant every word I said. I hate watching you get hurt, I want so badly to figure out a way to avoid you getting hurt. It's impossible, I know, one of us is always gonna get hurt." The pin pricking of tears poked her eyes as she took a deep breath to calm herself. "That's the way it's always gonna be..."

Tears were now flowing down Ladybugs cheeks freely,Tears were now flowing down Ladybugs cheeks freely, "Sorry... I'm crying " she sniffed

"Don't be sorry, crying makes you stronger. Heck I cry all the time, that's why I'm so strong!" Chat said and he pointed to his chest proudly. Ladybug chuckled tears stopping and she wiped her eyes "jeez kitty that was kinda really depressing" he only laughed in response. Once again falling into a comfortable silence. Ladybugs head fell on chats shoulder, and he looked at her eyes wide. Scooting closer as to get more comfortable he leaned his head on hers. Chats claws taping rhythmically on the roof. His ears taught and alert but his body relaxed against hers.

"I'm always gonna protect you Ladybug" Chat said with a small smile Ladybug tensed up , he said 'ladybug' not bug, or my lady or any other silly nicknames he gave to her it was new, and it made her heart race. "I'm always gonna protect you Chat noir. I have your back and you've got mine." She took another deep breath to calm herself but to no avail, tears flowed slowly down her cheeks once again.

Oh, how she loved her partner. She loved his stupid jokes and his stupid face. She loved the way his eyes sparkled when she brought him cookies when they patrolled together. She loved how he once tried to return the favor by bringing his own homemade cookies and they both choked on how burnt they were. "I thought I could salvage some...." He said and they laughed. She loved having those silly moments together. She loved him. And that's why it was so hard watching him take hits. Watching him sacrifice himself for her. Watching him-

"You said killed...?" He stated more like a question, startling her out of her thoughts

"Wait what? " Ladybug lifted her head from is shoulder and looked at him utterly confused

"You said you've seen me die." He sat up more and looked at her

More tears started to flow from ladybugs eyes, large and heavy, and she shifted her gaze away from his emerald eyes. "I have." She breathed. His eyes immediately went wide with guilt. "How many times?" He asked eyes downcast looking at his hands which were now fiddling with his ring. A nervous habit he had developed she noticed.

"Enough... I've seen it enough"

He lifted his head again eyes meeting hers, and he gripped her shoulders lightly "I don't regret what I've done. I did it for you. Like I said I'm always gonna protect you. I'm sorry I've made you see that." Ladybug stared at him unmoving. He hands wiped her eyes once again and she let out a sob. Chat noir pulled her close and Ladybug hugged him like her life depended on it. Sobbing into his shoulder he patted her back and spoke softly "it's okay I'm here bug" she let out a low wail and held him tighter.

"I just want this to stop.... I want to be a normal girl. I'm so stressed having the fate of Paris on our shoulders" she choked out words falling out of her mouth before she could filter them. "Sometimes I wish I wasn't ladybug... But id never change it for the world. Being with you and saving Paris has become the highlight of my life"

Running comforting circles on her back he spoke in a horse voice, cracking slightly. Tears slowly falling down his black mask and onto his cheeks. "Believe me I've thought about giving up my miraculous because I felt I wasn't good enough. I know I am now. I'm so much more free as Chat noir and I couldn't ask for anything else. And we will always win. Even with the odds against us, you'll come up with an amazing plan. " He pulled away holding her shoulders and looking into her blue eyes. "Because we have each other and were the bad ass cat and bug team." He joked and Ladybug glared slightly as him.

"You mean 'bug and cat team'"

"I said what I said " he laughed and she punched him lightly laughing and he lifted is hands in front of his face giggling like a little girl .

"Thanks chat.... For everything." Ladybug took his hands in hers and smiled up at him. " always bug." He smiled a toothy grin at her and they hugged once again.

 Thanks for reading, expect the first chapter to be rewritten as it is very old, anyway as always comments are appreciated and encouraged!

-Rat