Dialogue Prompt

"Children shouldn't play with guns."
"Who said I was playing?" I replied, "My daddy taught me when I was this big, that was playing. This is no longer a game." I flicked my hair over my shoulder, it was in my way and daddy always said to keep your vision clear. I miss daddy. "C'mon kid, put it down," he stepped back slightly but I still saw, daddy told me to always watch their movements. "You're gonna hurt someone, maybe even yourself, do you want a boo-boo?" He thinks I'm bad at it but I'm really good, never underestimate. "I'm okay, I know what to do." A big crease appeared between his eyebrows when he frowned, "Kid, go back to bed, daddy wants you to sleep well!" Liar. Bang. He screamed and swore. He crouched to the floor, cradling his foot.

"Those are bad words, you shouldn't say that."

"You just shot me!" He practically screamed, "What'd you do that for?!"

"You lied, lying is very bad, you shouldn't do it." My arm lowered,

"Fucking hell kid, what's wrong with you?!" I shot him in the arm this time, he should listen to me more.

"I said you shouldn't say the bad words." I could hear sirens far away. It won't matter.

"Oh great! Alright kid, this has been fun but I gotta go." and so he did, satisfaction creeping over my face as he limped severely and cradled his arm. He hurried through the back exit with a cringe at the pain.

This sirens were here now and the lights flashed through the windows. No problem. I dropped the gun and kicked it away from me, tearing off my gloves. I sat down and hugged my knees, feigning trauma and fear just as I practiced. I would never be caught.