Chapter 2

I just finished revising it was 5:30; I didn't have that much to do, so I finished pretty early on than usual. I took a random jacket I found laying on the little mountain of clothes that's sitting on my bed, I always keep switching that pile of clothing's emplacement from my bed to my desk's chair, since I'm too lazy to put my clothes, neatly, in my wardrobe, I'll probably do that when the amount of clothing out of my wardrobe gets out of hand.

As I put on my jacket, I searched for my keys and unlocked my room's door, then looked around the dining room to see that my roommate wasn't there anymore. So I headed towards the apartment's door, put on my shoes, then left the place.

We occupied the 2nd floor, our apartment was quite small in comparison to most of the others but it had a beautiful view of the forest that was near the university, and it was one of the few apartments that had this view since there was only one building that's overlooking the forest. I personally didn't mind how small the flat was since I've always lived in a small house and I had a small bedroom, so it wasn't something I wasn't used to. But I did love the view, it even became a habit of mine to wake up early in the morning, take my breakfast in the balcony and enjoy the sound of birds chirping, the sight of deers walking peacefully between the trees, knowing that most humans aren't awake yet and the smell of blooming flowers. I wish moments, like these mornings I spend in the balcony, never end but it's hardly possible. Nevertheless I always cherish these quiet moments and try to find time for them since I find my internal peace of mind in them.

As I got out of the elevator, I saw some students talking at the entrance of the building, as I got close to them, since I was heading out of the building, I heard one of them say:

"Are you going alone by car?" to which the questioned person responds "Yeah"

"Well, be careful with the road, it's quite along ride you have"

"Don't worry I'll be fine"

"If only you came with us, we're gonna miss you" another voice hopped in.

Most people take a summer break to visit their families or go on trips with their friends, and I'm guessing the students I just passed by are saying their goodbyes since they also have their luggage with them. I kept walking and seeing people heading to the college's parking.

After a 30min walk, I stopped at a bench that was hidden by a huge tree and sat there for a while thinking about what I should do after I finish my last module for this year and planning some individual activities that have nothing to do with my major, just to change the recurrence of my routine. I thought of getting back to playing the guitar, I used to play it , or at least try to play it, when I was in middle school, but I stopped when my very dear cousins put a hole on the back of the instrument, and until this day I still don't know how they did I without using some sharp tool. I didn't bother to buy a new guitar since my parents were sick of the unpleasant noises it made, because even after 3 years of owning a guitar I wasn't allowed to get a teacher or go to a guitar class, my father was just against that idea, so I tried learning from the internet but it was quite hard and I also didn't respect the schedule I made for practice either due to schoolwork or my laziness. But now I think I've gotten a little better with organizing myself, it's true that my room is still a mess and it's not that good of an environment to revise in but I still make it work for myself at least. Although, I envy people with an organized life, it seems very pleasant to have.

"Ummm, Ash?" I heard someone call, pulling me away from my thoughts. I look around to see my roommate sitting down on the ground which was covered by papers. Funny how the scene in front of me was the literal illustration of how unorganized my life really was.