OS

The people in the house were busy, making flower garlands and gossiping as they did so. Some of the women were with the tailor, who was being shown pictures of lehengas that they wanted and he was showing them fabrics for their outfits. Meanwhile some of the men were busy drinking chai whilst being forced to make laddoos.

Everything went on a pause when the doorbell was heard. The young woman Anika, who had a red veil kept on her head, took the veil off and stood up from the sofa to open the door.

Anika: look everyone! Miss Australia a.k.a Gauri is back!

The scene saw the young girl holding her purple suitcase and wearing a baby pink t-shirt dress paired with a denim jacket. Gauri. Gauri looked at Anika with her hazel eyes and rolled them at her.

Gauri: you know it would have been nice if someone came to pick me up!

Anika: we were going to but...

Gauri: but...

Anika: the jeweller came, then some aunties, then mithai gifts, then some event planners then Kabir's family came then the tailor came. We were so busy that we forgot all about you.

Gauri: once a kutti, always a kutti.

Anika laughed as she hugged her sister and Gauri went into the house, smiling at everyone.

Chachi: Gauri, what are you wearing? If you are wearing a t-shirt, you should at least wear something underneath!

Gauri: it's a t-shirt dress, Chachi.

Chachi: huh? What's a t-shirt dress?

Gauri laughed as she pulled her Chachi's cheeks, before sitting next to her Nani who gave her granddaughter an adorable smile.

Nani: finally meri Titli is home. Yaar why did you have to choose a boarding school in a faraway place?

Gauri and Anika's dad, Harsh suddenly yelled out: YES SIXER!

Gauri: that's why.

Nani laughed as she showed Gauri an outfit.

Nani: this will look so pretty on you.

Gauri: Nani, I already got a lehenga for Anika didi's wedding.

Anika: oh white-washed desi kutti, we are choosing outfits for the mehndi.

Gauri: mehndi! Yaar didi, do you really want to go through more functions when you can really just have the wedding already?

Anika rolled her eyes and showed one of her aunts a fabric then spoke to the tailor.

Gauri whispering to her Nani: she has been going full on bridezilla mode hasn't she?

Nani whispering back: yes, pretty much.

Gauri and Nani laughed. Nani yawned a little and said: I am going upstairs to have some rest.

Gauri: Accha theek hai Phir. I need to put my suitcase in my room so I'll come with you upstairs Nani.

Anika: just for your kind information, we turned your room into a storeroom.

Gauri looked at her sister with just a frozen look on her face before looking at her Nani with a smile.

Gauri: Nani jaan, meri pyaari Nani, meri yaar, meri Miss Universe, meri sab kuch, I am rooming with you till didi gets married. Theek hai?

Nani: theek hai. I have no problem.

Anika: you sure Nani? I think you will regret it.

Nani: you just focus on your wedding. Chalo Gauri, you take your suitcase upstairs and help me with folding the clothes on my bed