What's Up Doc?

Seoho sighed as he leaned against the nursing station, letting his head rolled from side to side and wincing at the loud cracking sound it produced. He brought a hand up to rub at the spot, his feet feeling sore and knees like jell-o.

He was exhausted.

Glancing up at the large clock on the wall, needing to blink a few times for the number to come in focus, he could now say he'd been at the ER for almost 48 hours straight.

The other doctor replacing him had called in sick right as he was about to head home, and with one on maternity leave and the other miles away on vacation, there was no one left to stay and cover the shift but him.

In moments like this, he really reconsidered his life choices and that he should have done like Keonhee, and become a Paediatrician.

He let the thought entertained him for a second before making a face. He was so awkward with children and his internship way back when he was in school in the Pediatrics ward had been proof enough that he would never willingly step a foot there ever again.

No, he loved the Emergency Room.

It was fast paced and never the same. Every day was a different story and he simply excelled under the high pressure of every situation. It was as if his brain jumped in overdrive when a patient came it, and he could assessed the situation calmly and clearly. The doctor who he was interning under at the time had said he was a natural.

The ER wasn't a place meant for everybody however.

Now as a well established doctor in his area, he'd seen many students just like him once come and go on internships, crying and cracking under the stress of the room.

On any regular day he'd be more than happy to be here, it was his whole life after all. He spent more times in the ER than at his apartment and didn't have anyone waiting for him except his fishes.

Which was perfectly fine by him, thank you very much.

Tonight- No today now, he was just tired. Bone deep tired that made him feel like if he moved from the desk he was leaning on right now, his knees would give out.

He jumped when something slammed into his chest, bringing him out of his thoughts and almost making him dropped to the floor.

"Here, to keep you alive a few more hours."

Looking down, he saw a large cup of coffee pressed warmly to his chest. The heat slowly spreading through his rumpled shirt and onto his skin, making him sighed contently. He followed the hand holding the cup, up a bare arm until he finally looked down on the face staring back at him expectantly.

It took a second for his brain to process who was in front of him.

"Woongie."

"Good to know you still remember me, you might not be as brain dead as you look."

Seoho looked back down at the cup on his chest, blinking owlishly. The concept was apparently really hard for his brain to grasp at that moment as to what was going on.

"How'd you know?"

"Keonhee told me you were staying when he came home last night. Since I was coming in this morning, I assumed you'd be the doctor on duty. I also got you something to eat because knowing you, you probably had a bag of chips from the vending machine and that's it. Can you please take your cup now??"

Well, he wasn't wrong but he definitely wasn't about to admit it.

Deciding to remaining silent, he took the paper cup with both hands instead, not trusting himself with one and brought it to his lips, taking a tentative sip.