chapter 6

He didn't expect him to say yes. Actually, he didn't even expect the words to fall outta his mouth with how nervous he was. "I said sure." Wilbur repeated as if it was the most casual thing ever. Tommy's mind was racing. He didn't expect to go this far, he hadn't planned this. He stayed silent catching up on his thoughts while Wilbur did the same. 'I said yes, I actually said yes, God, I'm so not ready for this.' He pressed his palm against his head. 'He wants to meet up with me? After what I said?' He only then noticed Tommy's silence. "Tommy?" He asked. Confused as to why he was quiet. He didn't think he heard a response. It made him think that his mind too, was racing from this. That final thought made him think more, why would his mind race? It's just a meeting of 2 friends, right? God, why is this so confusing. Tommy responded, breaking into Wilbur's many questions and thoughts that flooded his mind. "Yeah?" "Oh, I was just- it's just, you fell silent and- um-" God, he was making a fool of himself. Stuttering, sputtering nonsense with no meaning. He felt like he was brain dead. "So, for clarification," Tommy interrupted. "You agreed to meet up?" "Uh, yeah." Wilbur said. "Ok, so when and where? Are you coming, or am I going?" Tommy questioned, making himself a few tools of wood and then mining down. He had an image to maintain, he couldn't lose it in front of the… Wait. He nervously glanced at his screen. The one he used mainly for streaming, and checking the chat on. And noticed dozens upon dozens of questions in the chat. Wilbur hadn't seemed to notice or remember as he thought out loud for how this event would go. When Tommy did inform him, or rather reminded him, he fell quiet. And his face lit up like a tomato. Now how could the 2 forget that a total of 3 million people were both watching and listening to them? Perhaps the normalcy of this schedule. Stream, play, eat, rinse and repeat. They'd gotten so used to the chat's presence that it practically faded in their mind. They could hardly believe that when they started out, they felt nowhere near comfortable with the chat, watching them as they streamed. Now however, it was a dull memory. One they hardly remember. And now that greatly backfired. They'd embarrassed themselves in front of the internet! Live! Well isn't that just fantastic? It got worse when they started spamming memes, informing everyone and everything. Clipping it. The lot. The 2 moved on, acted as if nothing happened, ignored the chat, and continued making content for the people of the world, only resuming their conversation after both were sure there were no more listening ears, and with wide grins on both their faces.