Hope Fades

I survived my way to my friend, Ashleigh’s locker, just like every day, and neeah joins us. In the lunch court, we sit and Max is 3 tables away from us. The lunch court is so loud, you have to practically yell to talk to somebody. So when I was blacked out staring at Max who was with his friends a couple tables away, the minute someone touched me I yelled exactly what I felt and thought.

“Abreeah…”

“OH MY GODFATHER, HE’S JUST SO PRETTY!”

There all of my friends mimicked like parrots and I smiled the rest of the day with that conversation echoing in my head all day.

Then it was one of the last days of school before winter break, and the whole break all I could think about was him. Then I realized, he will never love me. He will never know me. He will never see what I see I him. My eyes sparkle when he glances over. And my heart shatters when that thought runs through my head. To keep my love alive I looked at a photo of him Ashleigh sent me. I try to stay alive by seeing that first glance I took at him in October. I can't. He is so perfect. He is like no other boy I know. We are the same. We both secretly play very violent games and crack perverted jokes that are oblivious the the conversations. I just saw my hopes and dreams. It flashed before me then crumbled away. I had my life and hope set on him. I doubt that my hope will hold on and refuse to fade.