3.Worried Watsons and Assholes Galore

Quickly realizing how discourteous that might have sounded. Watson immediately backtracked and is currently trying to somehow salvage the situation.

The entire room was still silent, William was blinking at him neutrally, the doctor who stood up in surprise earlier was now awkwardly trying to create some distance between the two and had just resorted to slowly slinking back into his chair, all the while Sherlock and his buddy just looks intrigued at the current proceedings.

"Ah! Pardon my rudeness!" He exclaims, rather mortified at his outburst.

Watson is mentally upending himself in the head, because what if the man has a medical condition? He shouldn't just assume, that's not what a gentleman does! He can't just call people out just because of a potential birth defect, that was just unbecoming.

"Get some common sense into your head Watson!", he thinks.

Sherlock has clearly let these people into his lab; which automatically deems them somewhat trustworthy, he's also served them cups of tea.

Surely, they can't be hostile, perhaps they are clients? —Oh my goodness, that would be even worse. He wouldn't want to offend a client. With this train of thought in his mind, he decides to do what every functional man would do: apologize.

Bowing towards the man he'd shouted in surprise at, he implores, "My sincerest apologies. I am deeply sorry if I've offended you in any manner, Sir."

"Ah no worries, I'm really not at all offended." The man, William replied unabashedly, palms out in a placating gesture.

Getting the green card, Watson continued with his onslaught, "It's just that, I've never really seen a man with an eye color such as yours. Forgive my surprise but your eyes are simply beautiful! Like the finest red wine they are!"

To this, Sherlock seemed to second his statement. The other lab-coated stranger however looked more on the delighted spectrum.

"Huh, interesting. Same reaction." He remarks amused in the distance.

Ignoring the man's comment, William continued to address Watson, "If anything I'm flattered that my eyes are considered in such high regard."

Taking this as a hint to continue his talk, Watson lets the medical student in him let loose for a moment.

It's true. Really, Watson throughout all his years working as both a frontliner and a doctor has never seen eyes such as these before. Anything remotely similar would probably be in-eye bleeding, yet these irises seemed to be completely natural.

"My dear chap! As a doctor, a medical man, I simply need to know if this condition was chemically made in a way or if you inherited it from your parents, or maybe if-"

Realizing he's starting to go on a tangent and occupying the attention of everyone in the room. He slows his stride, and embarrassedly fixes the position of the chair he'd knocked down earlier in his surprise.

He rights the chair back up the table with two gentlemen and tries not to wince as it awkwardly creaks.

Sitting back down properly, he sheepishly says, "But I digress, I would love to make more enquiries on your condition, once we've cleared why all you gentlemen are gathered in this lab."

Turning around on his chair to face Sherlock, he questions "Disregarding my previous state earlier. Are they clients, Sherlock? Are they in need of our assistance?"

Surprisingly, it was the ponytailed man who responded instead, "I hate to break it to you doctor sir, but this is about to get even more confusing."

"Huh?"