Prologue

Marie was a very shy and quiet as a kid, all until that one day. The one day she does not dare to talk about, the day that she lost everything, but gained a new confidence in her life. And Marie held onto that promise for her. She was the only person in Marie's young life that would protect her. She was special in a good way, she was Marie's whole life. Until that one night Marie still get nightmares about.

Marie was special too, but for different reasons then any normal person. Marie had dreamt of being Grisha but never wanted to leave her behind.

You might be wondering what happened on that one night, and who she was?

Well that's a very long story so let's start in the beginning.

Maries mother was a very nice, honest, wise, loving, and loyal person,
Maries father on the other hand was very a mysterious, rude, backstabbing, closed up person,
so you could imagine that when you see Marie's parents together you would think that they weren't married because their both the complete opposite. But they love each other very much.
So you could clearly see why Marie would want a relationship like that, they were basically made for each other.

But Marie didn't know what her parents did with their life before Marie was brought into this world.
Some people said that they were assassin's for very bad people, some said that they were probably the king and queen of some far away land and came to this village because they wanted a new life with their child,
some even said they were gods and goddesses because of how the young couple looked.
Marie's father, Isaac Marvo , had a very muscular body with what looked like battle scars all over it, his hair was has black as coal, his eyes were as blue as the deepest parts of the seas.
Marie's mother, Azraelle, had a slim but muscular body also filled with battle scars, her hair was as white as the snow and it was long so when she walked her hair would sway with her movements, her eyes were as light blue as the sky in summer. They both had very big secrets that they hide from the village and their daughter. Were they every going to tell their daughter who they really were? Maybe. Was the big secret going to change Marie's life forever? Yes.

A/n: what do you guys think of it so far? This is my first book so please be nice about it.
Anyways, enjoy reading!

-L.D