Chapter 1: A new beginning

In a run down; almost collapsing house. You can hear a man screaming and sobbing. "Joan come on, please don't die. Try to break the curse." Answered by a woman whose chest had a black spot that was slowly growing larger and killing her. "You can't stop it. I should have told you sooner about the curse." She answered as she struggles to breath as she gasped for air. "I'm sorry, honey. Looks like, our lives together was shorter than we planned."

"Let me heal you, I know I can. Please, you can't die." The woman looked at her lover and whispered something in his ear. "Kiss me before I go. Just one las time." The man crying began to kiss her, not long after they began kissing, she passed away. The man, crying as he stood there staring at her lifeless corpse swayed softly as he stood up; Transforming into an unknown creature with glowing blue eyes, sharp claws, and menacing large teeth. A werewolf! The man slowly turned around and put his hand on the shoulder of his friend who was standing right behind him along with his team. "We need to leave; they will be coming for us soon." Said the werewolf in a deep painful tone. Leaving the women's defiled and shredded corpse on the ground. As they left, her body seemed to dissolved into the darkness, never to be seen again.

Nine months passed after the woman passed away. Somewhere far away from that battle field a woman gave birth to a baby girl. "Is a girl congratulations, what are you going to name her?" She looked at her new born baby and began thinking of a name. Inside her head she heard a small and frail voice. "Joan, my name is Joan." She smiled as she looked at her and answered "I'm going to name her Joan." Joan was reborn into a new born, she looked the same. Her hair was brown, and her skin tone was a dark cream shade, a little rare for the city she was born in. As the mother was walking out of the hospital with her husband Joan began to giggle whenever some random man passed by, even though she couldn't see them. "Joan giggles a lot." Said her father happily. Her mother smiled and said: "Maybe she likes how her father looks." The man smiled, kisses his wife and answers her: "She can't see me yet honey, we need to wait two months for that."

Joan began to grow as a normal baby, when her eyes opened her parents were surprised of their baby's had blue eyes. "It's an odd mix, a baby girl that's a little bit darker than us, and her eyes are blue. None of our lines are like this. Honey did you do something?" Ask the man, a bit worried. "No, my love, this is our baby. No matter how different she is from us. This is our child."

As time passed and she grew older, she stared practicing her powers, checking if she had all of the ones she had in her past life. At the age 5 when her parents weren't around, she began to try and fly around the house. When she was 7, during her time at school, she occasionally her classmates crying. She usually came close to them to make them and tried to heal there wounds a bit without them noticing. When she reached the age of 10 she really wanted to make friends that had powers like her, especially since she was finally developing her power to sense people like her. Then one day she found a girl crying, she went to her and asked what happened. The girl answered: "The kids keep calling me a witch. I'm not a witch." She was a little bit happy and asked her why. "Because... I know what they are thinking and feeling." She laughed and told her: "You're not a witch your psychic. There's nothing bad with that." She sat next to her and asks. "What's your name?" The girl looked at Joan and said: "I am Sarah. What's your name?" She smiled and said: "I'm Joan." She touched her hand and says: "Don't cry Sarah." The girl stops crying and looked at her. "What did you do?" Joan looks down and said: "I made you stop crying. Why?"

"How did you that." Joan looked at the ceiling and said: "I have powers like you. I can heal people and... make them feel better." Sarah smiled as she wiped away her tears. "I can also fly." Sarah laughed and said "I don't believe you" Joan smiled and told her to look at where she was sitting; when she looked Joan was floating a bit. "Wow Joan, you can fly. Go higher, go higher!" Sarah began to get excited, but Joan shook her head saying no. "Aww but why not?" Joan looked at Sarah, stood up and patted her head. "Our powers are secrets Sarah." Sarah looked at her confused, stood up and asks her to explain. "My mom is picking me up soon. Can you come with me?" Sarah didn't know what to do, so she stood up and held her hands. "No one ever invited me over before. I need to ask my mom." Both Sarah and Joan were smiling at each other. "Is ok Sarah I need to ask my mom too." They headed over to Joan's mom's car and asked her; she said it was ok. She was happy that her daughter finally made a friend. Sarah asked her mom and said that she needed to meet them first. The mom's met and they began to talk.

"Hello I'm Sarah's mom."

"I am Joan's mom, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. Sarah said she wanted to go over to your house. Is that ok with you?"

"Yes, it is. Its nice knowing my daughter finally made a friend."

"Yes, it is nice. I believe Joan is Sarah is first friend too."

Joan's mom looked shocked: "Really? How odd. Well how about you? Do you want to come with us?"

"Sure. Sarah honey we're going to Joan's house. I'm Debby by the way."

"I am Alicia"

When they finished talking, they went to Joan's house. As their mothers continued with their conversation, Joan explained to Sarah about their power, and why it most be kept a secret. "Ok Sarah, if we let our powers be known, we will lose everything we have. I know is a strong thing to say but it true. I almost lost everything once, but I learned and don't want to lose anyone again." Sarah looked confused. "Huh? How Joan almost lost them?" Sarah didn't understand that well what she meant. Joan stood quiet thinking how to answer "We are only 10 years old; I can't say anything to big. I guess I'll tell her when we are older." She thought things thru and decided to just tell her, not to expose her powers to anyone, and she will explain everything everything else later. She helped her practice her magic making Sarah read Joan's mind, what she is feeling and trying to make sure she just concentrates on Joan and not on anyone else passing by. It was hard on her because she sometimes heard the people that are close to her, like the persons sitting beside her in class. As months passed their friendship grew stronger and Sarah's power began to mature just like Joan was hoping. When they graduated and looked for a junior high school to study in, Joan stood still in every school and closed her eyes. Every time she did that she said "Not this school." She kept doing that in every school she looked at. Eventually she just stood quiet with her eyes closed sensing the area and the atmosphere the school had. When she opened her eyes and she said. "This one. This is the school where I want to go to."