Kurma x Neighbor! OC Distance songfic

Yu Yu Hakusho Kurama x Neighbor! OC

Distance

Author note:

Okay, so I haven't written a songfic in a few months, so go easy on me. And this is based off of a dream I had a week ago, weird, I know, but please bare with me.

Story start:

Suzuku's POV:

I move into my new house with a sort of sigh. 'I sure will miss all f my friends back home in the Kanto region. I better email all of them to let them know I'm alright and that I made it to my house in one piece.' I think. I hear a calm voice that catches my attention and I look over and see someone that looks almost familiar to me. His red hair was long and looked so soft, but it was the green eyes that seemed to catch my attention. 'They look so kind and loving, but they seem so familiar and as if they've seen things that not many people get to see.' I think.

"Goodbye Mother." The boy says and my heart speeds up at the sound of his gentle and calm voice. I shake my head and look away before I draw his attention to myself. I go back to picking up the boxes and carrying them to my front door. Suddenly I trip over something and I fall dropping the heavy box in my arms and it hits the ground and all of my books spill out onto the ground. The boy looks over at me and comes over to help.

"Thank you so much for your help. I'm sorry for bothering you." I say somewhat shyly since he was looking at me.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all, I wasn't going anywhere too important, just the store. I'm Shuichi Minamino." He says and he holds his hand out to me to shake. I put my last book back in the box and take his hand to shake. When our hands touch, my chest tightens and a flashback from a former life of mine hits me. I immediately pull my hand away to grab my shirt over my chest and I fall to my knees in pain.

---

FLASHBACK

---

I remember my former life as an enchanted Neko demon. I was laughing and playing since I was still young, in like my teenage years.There was an enchanted fox boy around my age chasing me. His long silver hair shining in the afternoon sun and his golden eyes gleaming with happiness.

"Come on Kurama, catch me if you can!" I cheer happily. Only I was allowed to call him that.

"I know I'll catch you, I just have to let you run until you get tired." He says still chasing me. Suddenly, I trip and fall and scrape my knees. My ears turn back and I cry from the pain. Kurama leans down and uses one of his plants to heal the scrapes and he stands up again holding his hand out to me to stand up. I grab his hand and the same tight chested feeling hits me and then his scent seems to strengthen and smell much better than before.

END FLASHBACK

---

"Hey... Hey... HEY! Are you okay?!?!" Shuichi asks shaking me. I look up at him and nod.

'I don't know what that was but it was the same thing that had happened with me and Kurama. No! I can't imprint on someone else, I promised Kurama when I was forced into soul form like he did!' I think. I look away. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." I say softly. I take a deep breath andhiz scent overwhelms me. 'Kurama? Could this boy be my Kurama?' I think.

----

TIME SKIP

----

Kurama's POV:

I sit inthe classroom thinking about the girl that I had met a few days ago. 'She seems so familiar as if I've seen her or felt her presence before, but why? I've never seen her before.' I think.