CHAPTER 14

When we came home, my mom was waiting for me. Today I came to know that she can be scary when she wants to. I got the full blast of every emotion she had. Win just left me to her and silently went to his room and the funniest part is, I didn’t even notice him disappearing.

I begged and promised many things for her to calm down. But the problem is, now I don’t remember what all I promised her. What to do? I was just going with the flow. Please help me God. But one thing I know is, if I followed all those promises, I will be as good as a monk.

When she calmed down, I told her.

“Please don’t tell Gem or dad.” I can’t tolerate Gems scolding too. I had enough for a life time. And I don’t even know how dad will react."

“You got tangled in your own lies.” My mom was saying. “That is enough punishment for you.”

I was confused.

“You love Win now.” She said tauntingly but I could see twinkle in her eyes.

“Yes, I love him.” I accepted “I don’t even know that I was bi till few days ago. But I am sure that, I will never let him go, ever again.”

"But I saw this coming" she said and chuckled.

"Very funny." I said sarcastically.

“I am worried what will happen when dad finds out.” I said seriously.

“Simple, He will disown you.” Mom said laughing.  These are the times when I feel like I really was adopted. I sighed Heavily.

Mom gave me a sympathetic pat which made me smile.

“But seriously, we need to upgrade the security system.” Mom said and laughed.

I am really happy that win came to me. It was like destiny. But we literally need to upgrade the security.

“I need to give a lecture to Brownie also.” My mom smirked, she is in full blast today. I guess Brownie sensed that. He is no were to be seen.

I rolled my eyes and we laughed.

When the laughter died down, there was an uncomfortable silence around us. It was choking me.

“Mom, I don’t know how we can help him. I am really worried.” I said laying on her lap.

She was patting me gently on my hair. I know it was her way of comforting me. I know she don’t have a solution for our problems now but it was her way of telling me everything will be fine.

I saw Win sitting on the stairs looking at us with a smile on his face but his face was shining ….. which I was sure is tears. I know he was happy to simply have us and that he appreciates our effort. I know he was sad because he missed his mom.

Wins POV

I know it’s cruel to leave Bright there and to escape to my room when his mom is this angry. But this is something that they need to sort out by themselves.  I believe in them. Also, they need this time together.

I was getting tensed and I started pacing around my room. After like 20 minutes when I could no longer stand it. I went down. But the scene there made me smile.

I saw Bright laying on his mom’s lap. She was gently patting on his head. I know Bright really loves his family. I can see his happiness.

I miss my mom, my family. I can feel my eyes welling up. I didn’t try to control. I need to let it go or I will go mad. They are discussing about me; I know there is no solution to this as of now with us. I noticed Bright looking at me and smiling. I smiled back. I am happy that I have this family. I am sure they know that I appreciate their effort.

My heart is feeling heavy because I didn’t tell them some thing. I know I should tell them soon. But I am afraid. Scared to even think of what will happen if I tell this to them. More than that I am afraid of the possibility; what if I am wrong, what if my memory is playing tricks. I need this home. I need them. I need Bright. I want to be selfish for few more days.

***

Bright along with Tay and Saint is trying to get any information about my family and the so-called fake kidnapping case.

Bright explained my situation to his friends but I don’t know when. I was not present. They proved to be really good friends. They are doing their best to keep all these discreet and help in any way possible.

They couldn’t get much information. But we are meeting now to discuss any progress.

“Sorry Win, we couldn’t get much information about anything. It’s as if the case doesn't exist.” Tay said putting the water bottle on the table.

“It’s like some higher personal is involved in this case. It’s either they are trying to protect your parents or they don’t want the world to know the truth.” Saint pointed out.

“No one have seen your parents outside after 21st. But as per media they are hospitalized.”

“I want them to be hospitalized rather than …. “I took a deep breath to try not to cry and continued.

“But I am a medical student, I know with that amount of blood……” I shook my head to clear the image on my head. “They are telling that I am also kidnapped along with my sister. Which is a not true.”

“I hope my sister is fine. I want the story in media to be true. At least then I know they are alive.” I lowered my head when my tears escaped.

I felt Bright beside me and he took my hands in his. I gave him a small smile assuring him, I am fine.

“Hmm… what if they actually thought that you were also kidnapped. As you left your luggage at home.” Tay said in a low voice as if afraid to voice his thoughts.

“What if the media story is true? How come there is no information about such an….. attack. How can anyone not notice….. three murders?” Saint asked hesitated.

“Then they would have said something about an attack on my parents. Not that they are hospitalized due to stress and trauma. The date of all this event is wrong. I came here on 21st not 23rd. I know that for sure or you people think that I am actually a mental case? And I am making all these up.” I said shouting.

I saw them looking down as if ashamed.

I was actually starting to lose my mind. I was not understanding what to believe anymore. Did I really hallucinate all those things?

I stood up and walked away. I was afraid that I will shout at them and then cry my heart out in front of them all. I need to calm down.

Breath. I told myself.

I need to calm down to think straight. I know what I saw. I will never forget what I saw. Never Ever.

I AM NOT GOING MAD.