Harry

I was pacing around for the room of requirement but when I entered, the room wasn't at all what I was thinking. There was stuff everywhere and an eerie silence.

Until a hiccup echoed through the room.

I thought about calling out to see who it was but I waited. There was a muffled sob followed by a drowsy laugh. It was almost recognizable. I walked cautiously and quietly trying to find the source of noise. There was a click of glass meeting the floor but luckily it didn't shatter. It was louder so I hoped I was getting closer.

"Oh father..." the voice drawled, then hiccupped and laughed. There was a long pause and then an audible gulp. The capping of a bottle followed. That was when I finally placed the voice.

Malfoy.

What was he doing he? How did he find this place? Why is he laughing so much? Why, of all places, is he here?

I peered around a stack of wooden furniture and saw the blond leaning against a wall, his grey eyes swirling and clouded, his usually perfect hair was a mess, a near-empty bottle at his side, a letter on his other. He picked up the letter and mumbled as he read it, before throwing his head back and laughing which turned into sobbing which lead to him downing the last of the bottle. I don't know what he was drinking, but it couldn't have been good.

"Malfoy?" I stepped out and he jumped then laughed.

"Potter" he went into a hysteric laugh, "that's a funny name. Potter. Like potty" he giggled and lifted the bottle before realized it was empty and sadly setting it back down.

"What're you drinking there?" My voice softened as I approached the boy.

He held the bottle out to me. "It's... wonder" he paused to think, "wonderf-f-. Wonderful" he drawled.

I nervously checked the bottle label. Firewhiskey. "How much of this did you have"

He threw back his head and laughed, then slumped to the side where he curled up in a ball. "All of it" he whispered.

My eyes widened as I inspected the size of the bottle. It was definitely not meant for one person...

"are you alright?" But of course he wasn't, people don't just down an entire bottle of firewhiskey when they're 'alright'.

He hiccupped and then mumbled something sad and then sat up, slowly and stumbling. "never better" he had a distant smile which slowly slid off his face as his eyes widened and he leaned over and puked.

"That's not good" he whispered to himself. His hands started to shake and eyes were twitching. He hiccupped and laughed again. As much as I thought laughing was good, this wasn't. And as much as I didn't like the boy, I couldn't leave him. Not like this.

"Cmon Malfoy" I set down the bottle and walked over to him. He froze and paled.

"I don't wanna be a Malfoy..." he shook his head so fast that his eyes visibly spun and his face blurred. "Don't want..." He mumbled again.

"Cmon... Draco" I squatted beside him and put an arm around his waist. He hiccupped.

"You're touching me" he mumbled, his breath was salty and strong.

"I know. Cmon" I used my other arm to pull him up.

"Did you know I have a massive crush on you?" He giggled and grabbed his letter as we stood.

"That's great" I pulled us toward the doors, ignoring the flipping feeling in my stomach.

"I always have. Well" he laughed again, "not always"