Chapter 5

Jakes apartment:

"This is much bigger than I expected.That old man really is something."Jake to himself"i couldn't have got this by myself!Now what about the arrangments.Ugh...I have to clean this up today itself.He could have bought me a person to help me do this stuff as well right."

He continues to clean up the dust first,then arrange his bed and finally by 1 AM he completes.Exhausted he just falls asleep as soon as his body meets the bed.

Tommorow he has to start finding some descent job as well.He can't depend on Dayal so much ,though he said to pay him for working in the investigation .That will not be enough because the case has to end,somehow and he will be at the same point where he was a few days back.

Jake woke up early and started getting ready. He has a lot to do today. Moreover he promised to join at the investigation on the lawyers death case with Sam. Yes, it's still unclear. They have not found anything till now and they are just running out of time.He took a cab and went straight to the office.

"You are late again."Sid complains.

"There was so much traffic,how can come fast?What ..do you want me to fly and come."

Okay,stop already."Mon states .

All of them were waiting for the last 40 minutes outside Dayal's cabin.He was having a meeting with one of the officers.

After the meeting was over they finally could enter the cabin. Dayal instructed Jake to carry on the murder investigation and Sid to find out about the bungalow.

_________________________________________________________

"Tell me....what did you do to that lawyer?"

"No..I don't know "

"Then who did it?Tell me"Sam questions.

"I..I..Don't know.Let me go".The person says.They found him peeking into Mr.Carl's house.He was suspicious so they brought him for questioning .

"If you have not done anything,why were you at his house"

"Did you kill him?"Jake asks.

"What?Mr.Carl is dead."the person said as if he had no idea about the incident.

"Don't try to act smart .I know you are definitely hiding some thing"Sam says smacking the table in front her that made the person flinch.

"I'm saying the truth ....y..you have to believe me "The person claimed.They were astonished by his reaction.

"So  you are not saying right"Jake leans towards the person and pulled him closer by his shirt.

"I beg you...please leave me"

"Jake leave him.Let me handle this."

"okay"

"Then tell us..how do you know him?"Sam asked crossing her arms.

"I am his housekeeper.Recently, I went to my home town so I was not at all in contact with him these days so today when I returned back I found those banners all around the bungalow I was confused.Only now I know that he is no more alive."he confessed.

"Not again"Jake thought to himself.

"Sam I think we have accused a wrong person.What should we do now?"

"Umm...did you find any difference in his behavior or something suspicious  before leaving the house?"Sam asked the person ignoring Jake's question.

"No.He was fine."

"Alright.You may leave now but stay in the city itself ,we may need you anytime."

After the person left they decided the next step.Its getting more confused for Jake because he was not very experienced.They get one step closer to the culprit and at the very next moment they fall two steps back.Today was a failure again.Tensed they both went to talk to Dayal for further instructions.

In the office they came to know that Sid has found some information regarding the empty apartment that they went to yesterday.It belonged to a person that is connected to Carl.After searching more they found out that it belongs to someone called  Disha Gill.But there was no trace of her address and whereabouts.

Still it was a good news that now they got some person who actually linked to Carl.Once they get the murderer they will definitely find the master behind the whole case.

After such along day they were really tired so they decided to have a meal together after all now they are work mates.Basically this Dayal's  idea  because he wanted that everybody in the group should get along well,mainly Jake and Sid.

At the restaurant;

"So what exactly did you do to find that lady..."Sam asks taking a sip from her glass of water.

"Nothing much.We just gave some money to the nearby shopkeeper and he blurted out all."Sid says slightly happy by his work.

"Don't do it again,you may get into trouble"Loy who was also present there answers for his over confidence.

"Huh...I like this man."Jake says putting his arm around Loy. They all rolled there eyes at him.Sometimes he is actually so annoying.They ordered there food after sometime.

It was meant to be a peaceful meal but Sid and Jakes argument's were not ending besides Sam and Mon not even looking to each other.Dayal stood up from his seat irritated by there behavior.

"This is not done .If you all have a little respect for me just leave this place.Right now"he said making every person on the table confused and looking at each other.

"Calm down Dayal.What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?...You are asking me this.Can't you see both this punks arguing for no reason and these girls ,God knows what they are thinking.Look at them they are making faces to each other."

"Okay.....just let it be.They will sort out there problems."

"No.They can't act this way.We are not even at work now,we just having a damn meal and even here they can't get along well.I thought making them eat together would make them understand each other to help during the mission.

Forget the teamwork .You can't even be less selfish and compromise with each other...How can I believe you all that you'll not end ruining my mission"he breaths.

All the customers  at the restaurant turn there head to him confused.Jake and others quite shooked by he's words.

"I'm leaving...And no need to come to the office tomorrow.okay."Dayal storms out of the restaurant.

Loy runs after him again.

                                                          ...