Part 12

Nervously playing with my tie and staring out the window of the cab I'm starting to regret agreeing to coming out here. We should've stayed home, we should've just called the cops and called it a night, made nachos and popcorn and other greasy treats, binge-watch Jackie Hand movies and that's it!
I'm suddenly shaken out of my thoughts, literally, by Star pulling my arm to get me out of the cab. "Come on Marco! Jackie and Jenna are waiting for us at the door!" She smiles, but I can see the terror in her eyes. She's putting on her best princess smile and yet I can still see her fear, Tom is being a little less subtle with how frequently he's looking around and the prominent frown that tugs at his lips isn't really helping either. The cab quickly drove off, almost before I'd even managed to fully shut the door but what ever, and like Star said Jenna and Jackie really are waiting for us at the door, both of them seeming to have a nervousness about them. I guess Star told them about what's going on.

Tom and Star stand on either side of me, linking their arms with mine and once we reach the door the girls join us, linking up on Star's side. "So are we going to meet your date inside?" I ask, just trying to ignore the fact I want to vomit.
Star rolls her eyes and kisses Jenna on the cheek, shocking both Tom and I. "Never mind."

Jackie chuckles, leading our group over to an empty table. "You two didn't know?" She asks, sitting on Star's lap rather than a chair like the rest of us.

Tom and I look at each other then back at the girls. "No one said anything!" Tom huffs, throwing his arms to them in frustration.

"Oh you mean like how neither of you have said anything?" Jenna smirks, quickly grabbing onto Star and Jackie and dragging them both to the dance floor, leaving both Tom and I flustered and embarrassed.

"We aren't dating!" I yell after her, but they're already gone. Groaning,  I drop my head onto the table which seems to make Tom laugh for some reason but I just choose to ignore him, at least until he tugs the back of the collar on my suit, forcing my to sit up.

"Come on, lets not let this night go to waste and at least have a little fun before we run for our lives." He smirks, holding out a hand to me.

I roll my eyes, but blush at his gesture and take his hand anyway, letting him lead me to the dance floor. I'm honestly surprised our school is playing some nice slow dance music, although, something tells me the girls had something to do with this but oh well. Right now I'll just focus on not stepping on Tom's feet.

"Is it bad I'm not surprised to find all three of them are dating each other?"

"Is it bad I live with one of them and didn't know?" I counter, my fingers nervously fidgeting with the hem on his tux coat's collar.

He smiles, pulling my hand of his shoulder and kissing my knuckles. "You're going to make it fray."

I blush quickly looking away. "S-sorry."

"Are you that scared of dancing with me?" He chuckles as he twirls us around.

"Not scared; I...I'm actually really happy."

"Y'know, that day I found out about your stalker..." He pauses, his voice growling around the word but swallows his rage enough to not explode or burn my hand or hip as we continue dancing. "I didn't just come over because Star was freaking out about all this." He jerks his head slightly, gesturing to prom as a whole.

"Then...why did you?"
He smiles slightly, a kindness shining in his eyes that I hadn't seen before but feels so familiar. At that moment it feels as if the entire room had melted away and it was just us in that giant gymnasium. I couldn't help but gulp slightly, my eyes quickly darting down to his lips before snapping back up to his; it felt as if my head had shut down and my body took over cause the next thing I knew we were kissing, and I had been the one to start it.

All the noise fell away, my fears and worries didn't seem to matter anymore it was all just to perfect; and that's why someone had to ruin it. I'm suddenly yanked away from bliss by Star and Jenna pulling back and out of the crowd without a word mostly just giggles,  looking back over my shoulder I notice Jackie is dragging Tom off in the opposite direction. "Star what's going on!"

"You two need to get changed into your disguises so you can sneak out."

"But you can't be trusted alone since you two were practically eating each others faces." Jenna smirks, making me blush and instantly deny it. My head might've been spinning but I know we were no where near that level of intimate and by the way Star glared at her I'm most definitely right. Regardless, they lead me to the drama room and quickly help me change into the stupidly good looking dress Star had picked out and fitted me in a blonde wig, even going as far as hiding the beauty mark on my cheek with a generous helping of make up. They made fast work of me, turning me from brown hair and eyed boy to blonde blue eyed girl. I couldn't even recognize myself and that was perfect.

"Ugh! Why can I have hips like you, it's so not fair!" Jenna pouts, leaning her head dramatically onto Star's shoulder.

I roll my eyes and slip on the silver flats after handing her my other clothes. "You make up for lack of hips with the attitude. Now how are we getting out of here?"

"Oscar is waiting for you by the exit, he's going to walk out with you and then you and Tom are going to drop him off at the train station to make sure you aren't followed."

"Wait why the train station, that's nearly a whole town over."

Star nods, "It was his idea, he said its easy to be followed in town and not know so once you get to the country road there should be no reason for anyone to be out there."

I'll have to remember to thank Oscar for this, none of us had even thought of that. Leaving the drama room, the girls break off back to the gym while I head to the exit where Oscar is waiting. He nods and silently leads me out to the parking lot, linking our arms together to keep up the image and opening the passenger door for me before getting into the drivers seat. I nearly started to panic at not seeing Tom there, but my fear was quickly put to rest when I felt a hand come to rest on my hip from behind my seat, the black nail polish and purple skin easily calming me down and getting settled for the long drive ahead of us.