I woke up having a huge headache. I don't even remember sleeping? I tried to get up, my bones frozen and everything started to ache. I stretched and regretted like last time. The pain was extreme but tolerable I guess...

I pushed the album off my lap and got up, my feet totally wobbly. I struggled to get to the door and the headache was making me feel nauseous. I somehow made it my room and plopped down onto my bed, the nauseous feeling slowly going away.

There was no clock in this room, seeing that it was dark outside, I got up to go downstairs, hoping to see the dinner ready. And my hopes were fulfilled, I saw mom getting the table ready and dad placing a steaming bowl of white sauce pasta in the middle.

"Darling, just in time for dinner", mom said gesturing to take a seat down. I sat down between mom and dad, he served me a bowl, which looked so delicious that I could finish it within mere seconds. But I had to wait till mom and dad started cuz y'know table manners.

After a big bite, I rained down on mom with compliments due to how cheesy and creamy it was. Absolutemotherfuckingly delicious. Mom and dad got into their own conversation until the attention was directed towards me.

"Sweetie, I'd like to see the vitamins you're taking lately after dinner", dad said.

I was in trouble.

"Uh... I didn't actually bring them..."

"Blair! I told you that I wanted to see them right. How can you be so forgetful young lady! You absolutely cannot ignore stuff like!"

I know I was supposed to apologize and stay silent... But I AM a beta blood wolf, I have as much as pride issues like the Alpha bloods.

"Dad, I'm not ignorant and I can handle stuff on my own. I'm almost 20, I have proved myself enough times by now for you to not worry about how I'll take care of others and myself. I suggest you stop worrying so much, you even questioned why I was there in the forests during the rogue attack, being the next Beta it was my duty to be there and help. You need to accept the fact that your daughter is independent right now and can handle shit on her own and that you need to let her go instead of keeping an eye on her every move", I said sternly not knowing where half of the words that one just said came from, I looked up from my food to give dad a hard glare to not question me but I was almost shocked to see his eyes full gold. His wolf was out.

"Brad", mom leaned over to hold his hand and he instantly calmed down feeling their mate bond and closed his eyes.

"You need to know how to respect and see things from other perspectives Blair... Being a Beta, I'm more than proud and happy to pass you my job. I know you Blair, have known you since all these 19 years. I know you are capable of handling everything, you deserve to be the pack's beta. It's my father side that provokes me into worrying about you. You're my only daughter now, I can't let past mistakes take place again and lose you too", he said getting up and grabbing his bowl.

"Da-", I wanted to apologize but he cut me off.

"Thanks for the dinner but I'll be having it in the study", he pulled my phone from his pocket and went away with his bowl.

Mom didn't say anything, neither did I, the sad look on dad's face brought back a lot of memories for both of us and it was frustrating for me and sad for mom.

"Finish up and go back to your room and sleep. You're grounded if I see you outside near the pool or staying awake watching your phone", mom said not looking me in the eye and silently walking off in the study's direction.

I finished my bowl, washed it, grabbed my phone and went upstairs. Wanting to get my mind off of what happened earlier, I went onto social media.

16 unanswered messages from Masey 🐻