you and i are fireworks

Dedicated to my best friend, Bailey. (@ReadingBai) Since it's her birthday and she's been an amazing person through our friendship for nearly 4 years c:

Entering the mansion, worry enters me. I heard that this is the party that the one and only, Patrick Stump is going to! 'Maya!' A cheerful voice yells and I soon see Pete Wentz running towards me, drink in hand. 'Pete!' I yell back and we both embrace happy to see each other. 'You look great.' He compliments me after we broke our hug apart. Before I even dared to leave my house, I made sure I fixed my dress and make-up, it was just a simple navy blue dress that sparkled in the golden light that was sleeveless. For my small feet, I wore black sequined heels that looked absolutely adorable. My hair was put in a side braid, which is very rare for me to have it like that; I wanted to look spectacular today. 'Thanks.' He smiles and walks off to his guy friends that were also in Fall Out Boy.

Feeling quite lonely, I shuffled around in the room. I looked out the window to see that the trees were slowly swaying together in sync and the sky was beautiful, the shiny stars were already out, so I walked outside getting away from the loud, blasting music that came on after Pete's and I small conversation. Admiring the nature, I leaned against the wooden gate that was built all around the mansion's garden.

'Hey, Maya.' The familar American accent spoke softly. Then he stood next to me, leaning as well. 'Hey.' I watched him fix his glasses that he was wearing today. I'd never seen him without them, which is quite sad actually. 'Are you excited for the fireworks tonight?' Patrick asks out of the blue. I chuckle and nod enthusiastically which sent him laughing with me. We both turn our heads to stare at the dark woods across the street, it was a very peaceful moment. I soon felt warmth touching my hands, I looked down seeing Patrick's big hand tangled in mine. I felt my cheeks heat up and then quickly looked back up before he saw me looking. Before I could proceed anything, Patrick starts walking off to the small bench in the middle of some oak hedges, it was very cute looking. I got pulled along with Patrick, we both sat down looking at each other.

It seemed like hours that we were staring into each others eyes, his eyes were like a bright jungle, full of light blue and swamp green while mine were an ice blue, which post people hated.

'You have very pretty eyes, Maya.' He slowly spoke, still staring in them. While I was blushing and smiling like a dork, he pushed a strand of my light, natural blonde hair behind my ear. Suddenly turning shy, I whispered a thank you.

'The fireworks are about to start!' A female voice announced that made Patrick and I jump away from our glances. 'Let's go.' He says and starts running to where a huge crowd was starting to be created because of all the excitement for the fireworks. I mean, it was the fourth of July. Sighing, I stand up and stroll up to the crowd. Patrick jogs up to me since he went pretty deep into the crowd of excited people. Patrick, once again, slipped his hand into mine which sent electricity through my arm. I squeezed his hand and then he looked at me, grinning.

Soon enough, loud bangs started screaming through the neighbourhood and gorgeous, bright patterns were exploding throughout the inky sky. Not after a second, I felt Patrick's hands on my cheeks pulling my face closer. I felt Patrick Stump's lips on mine. It felt like a movie, the moment was unbelievably perfect.

As soon as the firework show finished and the kiss ended. Patrick whispered in my ear,

'You and I are fireworks.'