> chapter one

PILOT, episode
one/season one.

> before

"yeah, i heard noel's been asking about you, mickey. maybe a hottie is looking for another hottie." hanna giggled while wiggling her eyebrows. aria quickly glanced at me expectantly.

"oh, um, yeah, we were partnered up in our english class, it's an oral presentation of romeo and juliet." how fitting, i thought to myself, i saw aria keep her gaze on me, "plus, noel kahn is an idiot, a douche. i wouldn't waste my time on him, of all people." god, you are such a liar, i thought again.

"i mean, i don't care. i'm over him, out with the old and in with the new." aria said, she smiled sweetly at me and i couldn't help the guilt that rose up my spine. the other three girls looked between the two of us as i kept my gaze on aria's shoes and her gaze stayed on my figure.

as the song switched, emily brought up a new topic and they started passing drinks around. i didn't really pay attention, i always had a problem with spacing out when it came to my thoughts. i guess i didn't have time to really think about it because the power abruptly went out.

"what happened?"

"it must be the storm," spencer answered.

we turned on the flashlights, "something's out there," aria whispered from where she was. we got up and grabbed each other as we started walking. if there's a murderer, i'm going to kill myself, i told myself.

suddenly, ali jumped out from behind the door, "gotcha!" she laughs, and we all sigh in relief. she just laughs as she continues her way in.

"god, ali, you almost gave me a heart attack. what if i had a taser with me, you would have been tased." i say with a straight face, chest puffing as i caught my breath. she just rolled her eyes at me and let out an airy laugh.

"that is so not funny, alison." spencer said, stressed out.

"it was hilarious," she kept walking, not waiting for us to follow, but we did. we always did.

"ali, did you download the new beyonce?" hanna asked the girl. she looked up at alison awaiting her answer.

"ugh, not yet." she said with a smile.

"i'm loving her new video," emily spoke up.

"maybe a little too much, em." alison responded, quickly. i was confused by what was happening, looking at emily's bashful face to try to understand what was going on. the rest of the girls let out giggles and ali handed aria the cup of alcohol, "your turn."

aria started drinking the contents of the cup and spencer giggled, "careful aria, drink too much and you'll tell us all your secrets."

"friends share secrets," bullshit, "that's what keeps us close," more bullshit. "drink up," ali told aria, we all laughed as she continued drinking.

we all fell asleep after our drink, my arm felt a little numb from the floor. "where's ali and spencer?" aria asked us as we all started waking up. i looked around, there were only four of us in the barn right now, where did the other two go?

we saw a figure approaching us, "ali?" aria called out. as the figure came closer i knew it was spencer, not our notorious leader.

"she's gone. i've looked everywhere for her. i think i heard her scream," she announced.

> the beginning

noel trailed kisses down my neck and his hand trailed up my thigh as music played from the radio in his car. i giggled when his other hand went towards my cheek and he laid a sweet kiss on my lips.