Chapter 1 ~ Humans and Monsters

Once upon a time, maybe one millon years ago, maybe even more, there used to be a king. A king who wanted nothing but power.

But he was only a weak human, so he founded an organisation to hunt down all 'monsters'.

The organisation used weapons far beyond their time. Utilised electricity, water, fire, other elements.

They used guns, cannons, machines. The soldiers used swords, axes, scythes, pickaxes. Anything that caused great damage.

The 'monsters' fought back, of course, amd after many, many years, the war ended.

The 'monsters' were cursed to burn in sunlight, away in a new dimension. Almost none of them remained.

Now the humans could live in peace, with the danger being chased away, only appearing at night, hidden in alleys down the streets.

And what followed the start of the world we know today.

But peace won't last forever....

~~~~~~

"Nothing will happen.... that stupid bitch.." they murmured, wandering down the road. It was already dark outside, but the sky was as clear as ever.

The moon stood high, making the small town appear lit up, even if all street lights were out. "Shouldn't have invited so many Hybrids to that party.."

They recalled the memory unflawed. The voice of their friend was panicked when he called them. But he still managed to explain everything in great detail.

Cloaked people had stormed the house, taking everyone that tried to fend them off with their powers hostage. The humans, there were not many of them, were told to run.

According to him, most people were safe, the police are on their way. 'They only took a few people this time' they thought. Only a few people...

They wondered who was taken. These abductions were common by now, they had been going on for four years, so nobody really acted as if it was bad.

Cloaked people storming the houses, taking Hybrids, anyone that was related to monsters in a way. And the humans couldn't defend themself anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at Alex's house. He made the call, told me about the situation. Appearantly two of the people taken were Sammy and Juno.

Juno was the kind of girl you would purposefully avoid. She always complained and made everything about her. Total drama queen. I believe she was a feline.

Sammy on the other hand was shy. He wasn't that nice to me though. Always sticking with Juno. One of the many people I disliked. Honestly, I don't know what his Origin was. But now it's too late anyway.

I sat in the chair Alex pulled out for me. We were in his kitchen. Me on a chair, he was leaning on the counter, pouring us some drinks.

"Why is this a big deal to you now? I didn't like Juno anyway." I asked, leaning over the back of my chair. He looked at me like I just killed a man.

"But it wasn't just Juno. It's Sammy too." He said, kind of blankly if you ask me. I stared at my hand, specifically my nails, totally uninterested in this whole thing.

"So what if it was more, those were the people threatening me if you remember. And also you. They fucking hurt you. Why exactly should I care?" I replied, redirecting my gaze at him.

He quieted down. But he wasn't thinking. He was just staring at me. Staring right into my soul, if I may say.

"Sammy was a human." He replied coldly.