one

KIRBY'S POV:
(a/n: some info abt kirby: sapphic (attracted to non-men, women and fem aligned ppl) trans girl/woman and she uses she/they pronouns. she's also 18 y.o in this story, because their birthday was before school started.)

the first few weeks of school were going ok. it was senior year; I only had to put up with the shit that is high school and school in general for a few months. well, about ten months, and school would only end for the summer because obviously my parents are sending me to college.
i had a couple friends; an afab lesbian demigirl named pidge (they/vee/she), and a pansexual nb person named grayson (they/them), who is actually my ex, but we broke up for good reasons (it wasn't at all a toxic relationship) and they're really fun to hang out with, so we're still friends.
i'm in math class. it's boring asf, and my teacher isn't really paying attention to us (the students) so i pulled out my phone and texted pidge.
~~~
text convo:
kirbae 11:41 am: hey lol, im gonna leave class and get food what do u want
pidge 11:42 am: istg u know ur parents are gonna get caught if you get caught skipping again, right? lmao
but um i like subways 😏😏
kirbae 11:43 am: omg stfu idc if i get caught 🙄🙄🙄 /nm
wait fuck is there a subway near here
pidge 11:44 am: what youve never gone to the subway around here
kirbae 11:45 am: omg yk i dont live around here
literally just give me the address pls
pidge 11:46 am: k fine lolz
123456789 Address addr.
kirbae 11:47 am: ty bestie
imma leave in a sec
hold up u wanna come
i can break you out, what class you in?
pidge 11:49 am: im in gym
sweaty asf tho, u sure u want that in ur car lmao
kirbae 11:50 am: bahahaha my old ass car is already nasty af are YOU sure u want to be in my car lmao
pidge 11:51 am: we're neutrally gross lets just go
kirbae 11:52 am: k lets go
my cars in the back parking lot
~~~
we both made it to my car and i drove. obviously had to put on that taylor swift 🤪 and we both screeched like half of the 1989 album because we are both aggressive swifties lmaoaoaaooa. im plain af so i got turkey on rye w/ lettuce and cheese and pidge got the veggie delite sandwich. we realized that we were gonna be too late to eat in the cafeteria so we just decided to go to a park nearby and had a lil picinic.
at the park we saw some other people was also eating, it looked like it was the birthday person's 18th. As i looked more, I realized they looked familiar, and then it hit me, i knew them! that was lilith lastname (a/n: yes i did that ik im way to lazy to make up a last name) they're a lesbian (attracted to nonmen) cis girl, and use she/her pronouns. they were in a few of my classes, and i lowkey kinda liked her and had for a few months. i walked over to lilith's picnic table and said hi.

"hey, lilith!" i said. "happy birthday!! ur 18, right?"                                                                                             
"hi! it's kirby, right?" she knew my name!!! "yeah, joining the 18 club today. well, my birthday was actually on sunday but i-" she stopped and shook her head. "how are you?"
"im good, you?"                                                                                                                                                             
"im pretty good as well. i got some pretty nice birthday presents"                                                              
"cool, nice!"                                                                                                                                                                         
"oh, heh, my mom's gonna kill me if i miss class so i gotta go. um - i-i guess i'll see you around?"  
"oh, yeah- bye!" i said.

i walked back over to be and pidge's picnic table. "oooo" they said.                                                            
"pidge, stopp"                                                                                                                                                                       
"y? you obviously really like her. she's still walking to her car. go ask for her number!"                   
"i- i don't know, pidg-" pidge went over to me and stood me up and then turned me in lilith's direction and pushed me. "go. get her number before she leaves."                                                                                                                    
"well, ok. fine." i said and walked over to lilith.
"hey, lilith, um, again, well-"
"hi- kirby, i have to go-"
"um, wait, uh, would you mind if you gave me your number? for like, school, and contact, def not like-"
"oh. sure! it's 123456-78910. got it?"
"yeah, um, thanks."
"k, um, i'll see you later then" she said just before she hopped into her car and drove away. i walked back to pidge.
"so? how'd it go? it looked pretty good from here. did you get her number?"
"yep." i said as i put her contact name as 'lilith <3'
"good. are you gonna text her?"
"text her?! isn't it too soon for that?"
"just say 'hey, it's kirby' so she knows what to put your conact as. c'mon, do it."
"ugh, fine." i made a new text and typed in her name in the number part and her contact came up.
~
text convo
9876-54321 12:26 pm: hey, it's kirby :)))  *lilith changes the contact name for kirby*
lilith <3 12:27 pm: cool :p
oof sry i gtg            
kirby 12:28 pm: oh that's fine
bye :DD
~~~
pidge looked over at my screen. "good! you should ask her out or tell her you like her!"
"idk, pidge . . ."
"c'mon! you should!"
"pidge, we should go back. we're gonna miss class."
"ugh, fine. promise me you'll ask her out within . . . idk, this month?"
"mmm . .. promise. let's go now tho."
"fine, let's go."
~~~
LILITH'S POV:
i laid in my bed, wide awake at like one am, just thinking about kirby. wow, kirby is just really . . . idk. she's pretty, and cute, and so sweet, i- am i crushing on them? i mean, i could be, just, idk. it's only been a few months since i broke up with my ex, psycho bitch sophia. (cis girl, she/her, bisexual) (she cheated on me and hooked up with another girl, played the victim when i dumped her because of it, and then spread rumors about me and tried to fight me once. you understand why i call her psycho bitch sophia now?) i mean, sophia started dating the girl she cheated on me with and then broke up with her, dated another girl for a little bit, and is now dating another guy. this has all been in the span of two and a half months. if she can have three partners other than me in that time, why can't i have one?  i mean, does kirby even like me? i mean, they asked for my number so maybe- i need to stop thinking about this and go to bed. i decided to stop and finally go to bed.
~~~
it was a week later. i had spent a week being anxious and overthinking and thinking in general about kirby. i woke up today and immediately checked my phone. no texts from kirby. i guess i'll text her? i hope i don't annoy her. i went back to our text and texted her.
~~~
text convo
lilith <3 8:46 am: hey, gm
how are you?
kirby 8:48 am: gm
im good, you? :))
lilith <3 8:49 am: same, kinda bored
are you free for lunch?
kirby 8:50 am: yeah, actually!!
what time?
lilith <3 8:51 am: i was thinking like 12:30 pm?
kirby 8:52 am: that works for me!
see you then?
lilith 8:53 am: yeah <33 see you later
kirby 8:54 am: cool! <33
~~~
i asked her out! i did it! but- maybe she thinks this is a platonic thing- idk. but i asked her out!! i can't wait for our date!!