chapter 2

Voice: police open up!

Me: snap!

Alex: come let's go

Me: wait the..

Alex: dammit Phiwe now!!

We quickly went out the window. It was pitch black outside we couldn't see where we were going but we kept running until we couldn't run anymore. I was tired and running out of breath when something bit my leg.

Me: ahhhh my leg!!

Alex: Phiwe Phiwe are you okay..

Me: no something bit me. I think it's a snake😭😭

Him: oh no no no! Just hold on

He quickly took off his jacket then his top and tore it apart and tied a knot on my leg near the wound.. Then he wore his jacket again he tried to carry me but I was too heavy so we only managed to run a short while then he put me down and we ran again.

I think after an hour we stopped and sat down on the grass taking a break.. We were going to continue our journey in the morning.

#Alex pov

Hey I'm Alexei Petrov. Yeah me and my sister phiwe don't share surname nor parents. Just that my dad and her mom met and did the vat en set thing. I never really got the hang of it. I'm 23 and a firm owner then a gangster at odd hours. Phiwe and I been through so much together she's my ride or die.

That night when I killed my father because he killed my step mom.. Honestly that ate me up so bad.. Both our parents died in front of us but I had to be strong for my lil sister.

**flashbacks 7 years ago

In the morning after the night phiwe and I ran away from the cops at home.. We woke up hungry and not very energetic on the other hand I needed to get Phiwe to the hospital cause she had been bitten by a snake and we didn't know if it had venom or not.

We walked until we reached the gravel road but we didn't know which direction to take because it was just in the middle of nowhere, no houses or whatsoever.. We're in the farms after all. Then we heard the sound of a car coming near. I was scared it could be the cops..

Me: uhm.. Phiwe we need to hide somewhere in this grass there's a car coming

Her: Alex it cant be them and besides I need the hospital I can't stay like this forever. Get up we need to stop that car

So we stood in the middle of the road and tried to stop the van, there was a white old man inside, we looked filthy but he let us in at the back of his van.. Great so much for hiding from the cops. He took us to the hospital and my sister got attended by a nurse and later that day we were just officially homeless. I was 16 my sister 14. We couldn't pay for accommodation obviously but we managed to get us a place under some bridges and bought bread with the little money we had.

We stayed homeless for almost a year. Then this one day my sister and I got into a fight. We had long ran out money so we would rob stores so we could eat and partnered up with other homeless guys. So basically that day we had planned to rob some shop with expensive equipment but phiwe wasn't having it plus she was still mad at me.

Phiwe: no Alex I'm not getting involved I told you I don't trust these idiots they tried to get at me remember

Me: but they didn't succeed, listen we don't have to trust them but we need them to help us get this money we need. Are you not hungry Phiwe