the blue poptarts part 1

high schooler! awsten x high schooler! reader.

author's note: this fic was 600 words when i began the editing phase. it ended up being 1400 and i'm planning a part 2 👀👀 additionally, i'm working on a request i was sent, the page and the princess part 3, and my unreleased book. hopefully this will tide you over until i release those... enjoy!!

author's note, edit: i forgot to mention that this fic is based off of the above video. the guy who's filming is such a slimeball!! that being said, it makes me happy to see that jawn and awsten haven't changed much over the years despite being famous /pos

it was a chilly spring evening in houston. i was hanging out in a parking lot with my band, 'the blue poptarts' and our friend shannon from the band 'legacy fails', which was way cooler than us. the blue poptarts consisted of me, owen, jawn, and most importantly, awsten.

i had had a crush on awsten since i moved to houston in sophomore year. we had initially bonded over our mutual obsession with 'fall out boy'. i always joked he was pete and patrick combined. despite his young age, awsten was already a skilled guitarist, his poetry and singing showed great promise. i could imagine awsten making it big one day. i was even further drawn in by awsten's unique personality.

awsten exuded southern charm, he always opened doors for me and gave me his jacket when i was cold. in addition to this, his sense of humour was unparalleled, he always had me in stitches with his wild antics and pulled me out of my worst slumps with his childlike nature and lighthearted attitude.

i truly adored him but was too afraid to confess my feelings. if he didn't feel the same way, not only would it affect our friendship, it would risk the band splitting up. i couldn't afford to lose awsten, so i kept quiet.

on that spring break evening, our group was having a good time- until we were approached by a stranger around our age. he held up a video camera and told us he was making a video to commemorate spring break. him and jawn made casual conversation about what type of camera it was until jawn asked,

"when are you putting it on youtube?"

"i dunno, whenever i figure out how to put this crap on the computer" the stranger admitted and we all laughed. awsten uttered something i couldn't hear.

"what?" camera-guy asked.

he repeated "if i licked your camera would you be like really mad at me?"

the stranger pulled a face, signifying his disgust, "my dad would, it's my dad's camera."

awsten asked, "am i ever gonna meet your dad?"

"huh?" he rudely replied.

awsten spoke up again, "am i ever gonna meet your dad?"

"will he ever see this?" jawn added.

"um, i don't know, maybe." the stranger addressed them both with uncertainty. owen inched closer and closer to the camera while eating a dorito.

"that was friggin' hilarious and random" i told owen, giggling.

the camera guy turned the camera towards me "let's get the camera on this beautiful face, absolutely beautiful." he said, eyeing me up and down. i suddenly felt extremely uneasy. i crossed my arms over my chest in an attempt to be more modest.