Chapter two- Meeting someone new

Kai threw some random clothes in his bag. He let out a sigh, knowing that the journey was going to be a while. Soon a knock was heard on the door, causing him to walk towards it. He swung it open, letting Crow enter with his bag. "Already ready? " His response in return was a nod. Kai nodded back, zipping his bag up and grabbing his, already made, sandwich. "Alright, let's go. " He said, waving his hand as he walked out the door, but Crow only stood still. Kai walked back into the room, "Right, right. " He said as he grabbed the apartment key, putting it in the key hole, wait for Crow to walk out.

Once he walked out, Kai closed the door, locking it and pulling the key out. "Alright let's go. " Kai said, walking ahead, Crow following behind. "So, where are we heading? " Suddenly Crow transformed, dropping his bag on the ground, and flying away. "HEY! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY LEAVING ME HERE!!?? " Crow didn't look back. "Dang it! " He yelled out, snatching the bag from the floor and walking the direction Crow flew off. "Why the heck did he fly off without me! He was the one who chose to take me with him. " He said, mumbling to himself. Kai soon adventured into the woods, following the dirt path. He still honestly didn't know where he was going, he just followed his gut.

He walked through the green leaves that rustled under his feet every step he took. He looked around, staring at the nature around him, till he felt another presence, making him freeze. He suddenly jumped back, dodging a fireball that had been thrown at him. Kai's head quickly turned towards the direction it came from. He quickly saw the shadow of the stranger and quickly used his power to teleport behind him, quickly kicking the stranger on the ribs, sending him flying towards a tree.

The stranger let out a painful scream. Kai teleported in front of the male, quickly summoning a katana, pointing it towards the strangers forehead, anger boiling inside him. "WHAT THE HECK! WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!? " Kai yelled at the man. The male glared at him before looking away, " I was just training for the power tournament. " He mumbled. Kai stared at the man before letting out a laugh, " You? Getting in? Ha I doubt that! With you skills right now, you might not even get past the first round! " Kai said, letting his katana vanish as he went back to pick up the bags. "Plus, you need a team of six to get in this year and you're alone. " "Then let me come with you! " The male said, finally standing up, an excited look in his eyes! "No." "But your also traveling alone! " "No I'm not. " "Well I don't see anyone else. " Kai let out a groan. "What's your ranking. " "Dragon." Kai stayed silent. "Hmmm." The male gave him a confusing look. "What is that supposed to mean!? "

"Alright you can come. " Kai said turning towards him and throwing one of the bags he was carrying at him. "But you need to be trained. " He said as he started to walk ahead. "What's your name kid. " "I'M NOT A KID! And the names Brenton. " Brenton said, as he placed the bag over his shoulder, crossing his arms. "Whatever." Kai said as he continued to walk. "Your going the wrong way! " Kai turned, giving him a deadly look, making Brenton squeak. "Alright then peep squeak. Lead the way." Brenton shook a little as he pointed to a different direction. " T-this way... " He said before starting to walk ahead "Hey... Um I never got your name.... " "Kaiser. But I go by Kai. " He said, walking ahead. Brenton froze, then shaking the thought from his head.

Brenton had black hair and colored skin. He had a diagonal rectangle under on of his eyes on his cheek and a circle with a line going through the middle on his other cheek. Brenton was usually the lonely kid, he was a only child with a single mom. He made a promise to her, making sure that he would join the Power tournament and become stronger. His mom told him that she was already proud of him, but he wanted to prove to her more, so he left and went to train.

"You know kid, your not so bad. " Kaiser said as he leaned against the tree. Brenton looked up at him, raising a brow. "Really?! " Kai rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just keep moving. " He said, picking up his bag. Brenton quickly picked up the other bag. "Hey, is this bag yours? " He said, examining it a little. "Nope." He said, popping out the p. "W-what! You stole it!? " Brenton said dropping it on the ground, waving his arms around in panic, rambling about all the things that could happen. "SHUT UP! I DIDN'T STEAL IT!! " Kai screamed as he slammed his hand on Brenton's head.

Suddenly a squack was heard behind him, making Kai turn and Brenton look over his shoulder. Kai's blood started to boil, " YOU COME AND GET YOUR STUFF RIGHT NOW!!!! " Kai yelled as he pointed at the bird, who only turned it's head to the side and stared longer. Brenton soon gave him a confused look, " Uhhh.... Your talking to a bird... " Brenton said as he then grabbed the bag off the dirt floor. Kai groaned, before stomping off, " OH WHATEVER!! " "Um... Wrong way... " "I KNEW THAT!! " He said, stomping the opposite way.