Childhood Buddies

Flashback...
Jack's POV
Hi, my name's Jack Homer, I'm 10 years old. I have this crazy beautiful stubborn best friend named Kate, but I call her Katie, she's a year younger than me. I know i'm still young for those things called 'love' but I love Katie not just as a friend but as an admirer... Our parents are very good friends and that's how we met.

"Hey Katie!! Come over here" I called from the other side of the playground at our house

"Jack?! Okay, wait up" she said while running to me

"What is it Jack?" She asked me, it's just that we're friends for a long time and i just wanna tell her this..

"Katie.." I said.. "I don't know how to say this, but ever since we met i really thought you were beautiful and so kind and maybe that's why I like yo-" my sentence was cut by her..

*_* "Jack i have something to tell you too.. " I stopped and listened to her.

"I like you. From the very start and I ju-" I cut her sentence by hugging her..

"Thank you, thank you for liking me back, i promise we would get married and will live happily ever after" I said to her

We hugged and laughed at each other.. Then.

"Let's play?" I asked her
"Sure.." She answered me cheerfully

We played all day until our parents called us to go inside the house..

"Sorry Jack but we have to go home now, Kate say goodbye to Jack for now" Mrs. Miller said to Katie

"Uhhh, mom can't we just stay for a while?? Puuleeasee??" Hah.. Stubborn as ever

"It's okay Katie, don't worry we'll see each other tomorrow" I assured to her.

"Okay, bye" we then bid each other goodbye.
XXXXX