Chapter 1

"Kayla don't!" I yell at her as she pushes me against the hallway walls.

"Gosh I'm just joking around Ingrid, take a chill pill." I give her the death stare and she laughs.

"What's been your problem lately, you've been acting so weird. Is there something going on I don't know about?"

I think about her question for a second. Is something going on in my life?

"Well, tell me," she says, nudging me with her shoulder.

"I guess my family in general haven't been getting along lately. I'm pretty sure my parents are getting divorced and my sister and I don't speak, ever. I guess I'm just stressed," I sigh taking in a deep breath, swallowing the memories.

"Girl, you know you can talk to me about anything. I'll be here for you. College is hard and with your family not being on good terms, dont be afraid to talk to me. Maybe you can even stay at my place!" She say with a smile. A smile that shows me she actually cares about my life, my problems, and just me. Period.

"Thanks Kayla! You're the best friend in the world," I say giving her a big hug.

"Come on lets get out of here. Where do you want to go?"

"Hmmm, you pick. As long as there's food there, I'm starving."

"Ok, I've got the perfect place."

* * *

We drive for a few minutes, talking about our classes in school.

"We're here!" She says with a smile.

We pull into a pizza shop parking lot. I grab my purse and head for the door.

"Welcome ladies," an older man says.

"What can I get ya," a younger man says, probably around my age. He has tattoos and a lot, even more than Kayla.

"Ingrid this is Harry. Harry this is Ingrid. Harry and I have known each other for awhile now," she says with a smile.

"Nice to meet you," I say with a smile.

"Yeah whatever. So are you gonna order something or what?" He says with annoyed voice.

"Well someone's having their monthly," Kayla says with a laugh.

"Don't." He says, pointing at her and holding back a smirk.

"Yeah anyways, one pepperoni pizza."

"So do you go to our college?" I ask Harry.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have at least math with you and Kayla."

"Oh, I don't see you."

"That's because you sit in the front like a goody two shoes and I sit in the back because I don't care."

"I'm not a good-"

"Yes you are," he says cutting me off and handing Kayla the pizza.

"You barely know me, how can you confirm that?"

"How about this, tonight you and me drive around, stop a couple of places, and talk to get to know each other. Then I can confirm that you're a even bigger goody two shoes than you appear," he says with a smirk.

"Fine. I'll be at Kayla's. I assume you know where that is?"

"I do. I'll be there around six."

"Ok, see you soon."

I walk out of the pizza shop and open the door to the car.

What have I gotten myself into. Hopefully it won't be as bad I think it will.